Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hollywood Cool

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
ARAM Matchmaking? Replays?

Wait, those took time to implement, so I guess they conveniently don't count. For the convenience of your argument.
I didn't choose those because this argument isn't about an entire map or a spectator/lolreplay function. This argument is about the champion roster and how a good deal of the time they don't listen. Rengar's on the top of the list because he's the current victim of game problems falling on deaf ears. I chose only champions not just because they're related to the subject at hand, but because they're probably the easiest thing to edit and move around in this game. So forgive me, but my cynicism is justified.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akuni

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quick qestion though after studying the previews again: His club looks really massive as in blue stone-ish and not really like made of ice. Any chance that it's just not finished yet texture/particle wise? Because the longer I look at it, the more it bugs me :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udajit

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What’s this…? Is this… a troll?

What’s a troll doing in the Freljord? Are we… trolling you?

This is ****ing stupid. Trundle had one of the best selfless, heroic narratives in your IP and you're going to ruin it.

Thanks for spoiling one of my favorite champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koronisz

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS17be3276526497 View Post
Quick qestion though after studying the previews again: His club looks really massive as in blue stone-ish and not really like made of ice. Any chance that it's just not finished yet texture/particle wise? Because the longer I look at it, the more it bugs me :/
Compared to "ice malphite", the model and texture looks already outdated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyhawke

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Not going to lie.. I'm pretty disappointed with the changes (at least from what we can see so far). It seems like Riot really didn't pay attention to the comments from Trundle fans, and decided to make a generic champion instead. Was there really no way to keep some of what made the old Trundle endearing while making him more appealing to the playerbase as a whole?

I think Trundle had the most intriguing lore of all the champions, and now it looks (again, from what we can see so far) like he will be a bland "king of the bad guys" character. Couldn't we have kept the base of his old lore, but "updated" the lore so that he's actually healing more now, and is thus looking better (not full healed, but less ugly than the original)?

I know why Riot wanted to remake Trundle, but I think a little more boldness and creativity could have been used here, instead of giving us another ice champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CragBlade

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udajit View Post
This is ****ing stupid. Trundle had one of the best selfless, heroic narratives in your IP and you're going to ruin it.

Thanks for spoiling one of my favorite champions.
He wasnt selfless. The disease was pushed on to him and later he pretty much let his entire clan face their own extinction.

Go read his judgement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pandarenZ

Member

03-25-2013

Trundle looks like Kratos in the bottom picture


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatedTitan

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
He wasnt selfless. The disease was pushed on to him and later he pretty much let his entire clan face their own extinction.

Go read his judgement.

He chose to take the curse upon himself. It wasn't pushed on him. His intentions were a bit selfish, but it was not pushed on him in any way. He chose to take it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uberphish

Senior Member

03-25-2013

I will say that I like the new look in a very general sense. Screams 'troll', looks tough, matches the theme of the Freljord quite well, etc. The club definitely could stand a bit of love to look more like ice rather than blue rock, but that's all polish work. I will miss scrappy little trundle crawling around like a drowned rat, as I actually found him rather menacing and cool, but this change does make sense.

My main concern, as many seem to have voiced before me, is that Trundle's lore will be dumbed down to 'He has the strongest regeneration and was the strongest in general, and thus he is king' or something like that, and that would be a serious shame. His old Lore made him seem like a selfless martyr, while the addition of his Judgement showed more that he was a victim of his tribe's weakness, and he was willing to let them die for it despite his own suffering. It was interesting, and it was deep, and it sat in a moral grey area not too many champs reach right now.

Obviously this rework brings changes, but please try to keep the kind of character we few Trundle fans loved intact in there somewhere. I'm all for a tough king of the trolls, the guy is due a bit of recognition, but don't toss his complexity aside to make a 'cooler character'.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vånquish

Member

03-25-2013

I don't like the current Trundle. He's gross, his skills feel dated, and so on. This rework looks great. I look forward to seeing to the tweaked skills and I love his new look.