Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xoripan

03-25-2013

i am dissapointed, i liked the ugly rotten trundle, i really did. If you guys wanted another troll just make the leader of the enemy tribe or something, you just killed trundle.

ZaganJustice

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
downvoted because Shyv+J4 forever

Valexi

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
Arthas?

Hollywood Cool

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
ARAM Matchmaking? Replays?

Wait, those took time to implement, so I guess they conveniently don't count. For the convenience of your argument.
I didn't choose those because this argument isn't about an entire map or a spectator/lolreplay function. This argument is about the champion roster and how a good deal of the time they don't listen. Rengar's on the top of the list because he's the current victim of game problems falling on deaf ears. I chose only champions not just because they're related to the subject at hand, but because they're probably the easiest thing to edit and move around in this game. So forgive me, but my cynicism is justified.

Akuni

03-25-2013

Quick qestion though after studying the previews again: His club looks really massive as in blue stone-ish and not really like made of ice. Any chance that it's just not finished yet texture/particle wise? Because the longer I look at it, the more it bugs me :/

Udajit

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What’s this…? Is this… a troll?

What’s a troll doing in the Freljord? Are we… trolling you?

This is ****ing stupid. Trundle had one of the best selfless, heroic narratives in your IP and you're going to ruin it.

Thanks for spoiling one of my favorite champions.

Koronisz

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS17be3276526497 View Post
Quick qestion though after studying the previews again: His club looks really massive as in blue stone-ish and not really like made of ice. Any chance that it's just not finished yet texture/particle wise? Because the longer I look at it, the more it bugs me :/
Compared to "ice malphite", the model and texture looks already outdated.

Skyhawke

03-25-2013

Not going to lie.. I'm pretty disappointed with the changes (at least from what we can see so far). It seems like Riot really didn't pay attention to the comments from Trundle fans, and decided to make a generic champion instead. Was there really no way to keep some of what made the old Trundle endearing while making him more appealing to the playerbase as a whole?

I think Trundle had the most intriguing lore of all the champions, and now it looks (again, from what we can see so far) like he will be a bland "king of the bad guys" character. Couldn't we have kept the base of his old lore, but "updated" the lore so that he's actually healing more now, and is thus looking better (not full healed, but less ugly than the original)?

I know why Riot wanted to remake Trundle, but I think a little more boldness and creativity could have been used here, instead of giving us another ice champion.

CragBlade

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udajit View Post
This is ****ing stupid. Trundle had one of the best selfless, heroic narratives in your IP and you're going to ruin it.

Thanks for spoiling one of my favorite champions.
He wasnt selfless. The disease was pushed on to him and later he pretty much let his entire clan face their own extinction.

Go read his judgement.

pandarenZ

03-25-2013

Trundle looks like Kratos in the bottom picture