Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivini

03-25-2013

So, Trundle has been hitting the gym (traditional skin)? I can't say I like his overly bulky physique over his smaller, slender one. It gave him a more unique feel over what every other franchise has with their typical huge trolls. Also judging by his new size, he won't be walking on 3's anymore? Another unique aspect gone.
Lastly, if that animated gif is the new default Trundle, he looks more like an ugly dwarf than a troll. Where did his curse go?

Sorgklaan

03-25-2013

He looks horrible. He's not ugly anymore, where is the ugly? He's too ****ing pretty. He need more rotten dead flesh.

Captain Teembro

03-25-2013

You should increase model size to make him similar to the Frost Giants from Thor...

Iriog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorgklaan View Post
He looks horrible. He's not ugly anymore, where is the ugly? He's too ****ing pretty. He need more rotten dead flesh.
His lore is getting reworked as well so his sickness doesn't seem to be applicable anymore.

Octo Loco

03-25-2013

So cool

Tadrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

BUT But but... My old ugly troll will be gone >( Now everyone's gonna wanna play him!

Tolfor

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackBacon View Post
If you are disappointed with Trundles lore "changes", read this:

It seems everyone is complaining about how Trundle is no longer a good guy/heroic outcast. Did you read his judgement? Trundle is a tragic character, not a victorious one. He sacrificed himself for his tribe the first time sure, but he abandoned them all to die the second time. He's not a troll messiah here, he's a failed redeemer. His original lore is definitely a "bad end" story.

Now we don't know any specifics of his new lore. We know he's leading trolls and killing humans, but we don't know any of his reasoning. Did the humans deserve it? Were they killing troll babies? Who knows! At the very least he will be a good guy from the trolls perspective.

This new lore thrust has been really awesome. If you have lore concerns, it is your responsibility to at least have the original story correct. Saying Trundle was some awesome good guy is like saying Warwick is misunderstood. It's just not accurate. Let's all keep an open mind here and see what comes.

Of course none of that really applies to the visual side of things. That is a much more subjective area and while I really like Trundles new look, I can definitely see why people wouldn't. I'm really glad Riot is doing the Traditional skins, it was great for Karma and it looks great for Trundle.
Quoting for truth - so far, nobody else in this entire thread has put it better.

It's kind of funny to watch you people complain about Riot "ruining the character" when you obviously never actually knew who the character was to begin with.

FadedVisage

03-25-2013

Serious question, are Lissandra and the Ice Witch separate characters and could the Ice witch be a champion? I really want to impale people on black ice.

MinionOfCthulhu

03-25-2013

Honestly, you've changed everything about him. Why not just make a new champion that's also a troll? We can have more than one troll in the game, it's okay! We have like 80+ humans and 10 yordles or whatever. Just give us a new troll, because that isn't Trundle. He doesn't look like Trundle, his backstory is different, and he's getting a new voice too.
At that point it's a whole different champion. He can be Frostfar, the Frost Troll King or whatever, and we can still have Trundle, the swamp-dwelling, diseased troll with the best laugh in the game.

I don't even get why he's getting a new model, given that there's loads of champions that need one more. Like Sion, good god he's horrible. Master Yi, Sivir... Just give Trundle the remake, not the New Champion Paintjob.

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

And Riot still doesn't respond to our concerns. It's really disappointing.