Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trazz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoon View Post
He's so much more handsome! I was worried that he wasn't gonna be as handsome, but I love it now, he's very, very handsome! I'm talking about the classic one, by the way. Very, very handsome.
They should have made him uglier, frankly.

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

It's not Trundle. It doesn't even look anything like him. Nothing is a shot at what he used to be. Gah this is the most disappointed I've ever been with Riot. I know I keep posting this, but we don't need another ice champ. We don't need another muscles and sword champ. We have those.

What made Trundle Trundle was that he wasn't the big, muscular troll. He was a diseased troll that had a club. Now you've taken that way from him. I'm just...I just feel like my small voice will fall on deaf ears. I know I'm not the only one, but it seems that the majority will kill the minority in this battle as always. Sadly, the majority are mainly those who have never played Trundle. The minority is almost all people who love to play Trundle. I guess faithfulness to a character isn't awarded in this game at all...

Also, all our fun skin ideas...out the window. No Judge Trundle or Baby Trundle or anything. While he looks like a joke, he doesn't look like the humorous little fella that we Trundle players adored.

I'm just...we trusted Riot with this and got back an awful remake. I'm so disappointed.

drzombieface

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-25-2013

One one hand, Freljord Trundle seems like a cool reference to Grendel.

On the other, his old lore was one of the best.

Don't know how I feel about this.

starkey xxx

03-25-2013

I didn't think Trundle needed a remake and kinda frowned whenever I heard about it, but honestly he looks hella sweet. I'm convinced.

Akuni

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaMishima View Post
A Trundle VU is completely unnecessary and the new model looks like an entirely different champion altogether.

You may have won this round, but keep Grumpy Monkey away from Urgot! Far, far away!
Because it's not a Visual Upgrade but a relaunch. This is in fact a new champ. He shares the name and some basic things but he's been remade from scratch. The traditional skin is just to say "Hey guys, you played Trundle before sorry for remaking him but you can still have this as a hint to his previous iteration".

But I agree with you on Urgot. Someone said if they would have known, they'd have done Urgots latest skin as base. I don't like that one for Urgot - at all. It would be just another mecha-spider-thingy. He should stay grotesque imo.

IceFire360

03-25-2013

A lot of talk on Trundle but what about this mysterious Ice Witch?

Could Lissandra and the Witch be one in the same?

Laxtras

03-25-2013

Karma rework
zac
new map
sejuani rework
lissandra
Trundle rework
and an ice witch!!!?

hell no, my brain cant handle all this.

well, @Riot, what you put to your coffe this time, all this news are awesome!!!

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

Who cares about the witch. They ruined my favorite character.

Pro Anïvïa

03-25-2013

trolololo

Tolfor

03-25-2013

I hate that the first thing I'm saying about this is going to be a criticism, but I need to get this off my chest: the Traditional Trundle skin right now looks... off, proportionately. It appears to have his old head on his new body, and just looks really awkward.

Please buff Traditional Trundle's head size?

Now, having said all that - I'm really excited about 1) another visual rework 2) it's Trundle 3) it'll come with some minor kit fixes and 4) it's coming so soon after the Karma one. Great job, Riot!