Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

I'll add a note that this is a case where I want to keep his low rez model. Please offer that as a skin choice Riot. As his skills are more tweaks that is managable right? I don't like Grumpy's reimagining of trolls in this land. And I remember Morello saying they still wanted to do things for the niche. Please do this for the niche.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What’s this…? Is this… a troll?

What’s a troll doing in the Freljord? Are we… trolling you?

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/NewTrundleDance.gif[/aws3]

On a more serious note, some of you will probably guess that if there’s a troll and he’s wielding a club… it’s Trundle! So we wanted to give you a taste of what’s to come, namely Trundle’s relaunch and his reimagining in the icy north.

While old Trundle certainly had a unique narrative and visual design, we always felt he was disconnected from the rest of the world. This inhibited the number of stories we could tell with Trundle and, well, we want to tell stories about him. Trundle’s upcoming changes include a gameplay update (more of a quality improvement than a rework – similar in scope to our Taric changes in [URL2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeH8HzGi3sc&t=01m57s"]3.03[/URL2]), a new ice-themed aesthetic (if you couldn’t guess), and a new story that ties Trundle to the brewing conflict in the Freljord.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks, because we’ve got plans for Trundle – not to mention that Trundle has plans of his own!

You’ll have to wait to hear more, but here’s something to tide you over. [URL2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3224791"]As with Karma’s relaunch[/URL2], anyone who owns Trundle before his relaunch will get this Traditional Trundle (has a nice ring to it) skin for free:

[aws2="news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic.jpg"]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]
There will be hell to pay if he doesn't keep his laugh Morello.

Akuni

03-25-2013

Quote:
Jeez Trundle looks good. I mean, as good as a Troll could look, eh? ... Now then... Howling Abyss, Karma Rework, Sej rework, Trundle Rework, probably Lissandra soon TM - This is so much awsome stuff D:
On a sidenote, what happened to Replays? It kinda went radio silence after ebing announced for PBE a bit ago...

Anyway! Thanks so much for the hard work you put into those updates! I'm really thrilled about what's to come as it'll always be larger, better and more stunning than the previous stuff... Let me have your babies pl0x D:

Morikin

03-25-2013

Oh I have an idea? Screw Trundle. Give Heimerdinger the freaking rework. It's like I'm waiting for the second coming of christ or something, holy balls batman.

Discpled

03-25-2013

AGGGH... head... going... to... explode... ZAC soon, new Karma soon, Sej Vu, and now Trundle... my poor bank account...

DeafDunn

03-25-2013

Trundle was one of my favorite riot lore based champions, he was going through so much, and now he is just "another ice troll" like in world of warcraft or other games. I LOVED HIM for being such a different character, and now hes thrown into another common theme....
while you guys did make a traditional skin(needs a little more decaying imo, like seeing flesh{keeping it PG for the game} fall off and trundle regen it)....I'm still very, very much in sorrow for one of my most fun played champions. You guys listened for Karma, I'm hoping you can listen to the crying fans here. Thank you.

Emperata

03-25-2013

All I ask is that he still says funny ass troll lines like lets go clubbing.

AkumaMishima

03-25-2013

A Trundle VU is completely unnecessary and the new model looks like an entirely different champion altogether.

You may have won this round, but keep Grumpy Monkey away from Urgot! Far, far away!

Mantecado

03-25-2013

plz, don´t change his laughing!!

PD: Alistar and WW need love to ]

The Bacon Dragon

03-25-2013

Quote:
What’s this…? Is this… a troll?

What’s a troll doing in the Freljord? Are we… trolling you?

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/NewTrundleDance.gif[/aws3]

On a more serious note, some of you will probably guess that if there’s a troll and he’s wielding a club… it’s Trundle! So we wanted to give you a taste of what’s to come, namely Trundle’s relaunch and his reimagining in the icy north.

While old Trundle certainly had a unique narrative and visual design, we always felt he was disconnected from the rest of the world. This inhibited the number of stories we could tell with Trundle and, well, we want to tell stories about him. Trundle’s upcoming changes include a gameplay update (more of a quality improvement than a rework – similar in scope to our Taric changes in [URL2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeH8HzGi3sc&t=01m57s"]3.03[/URL2]), a new ice-themed aesthetic (if you couldn’t guess), and a new story that ties Trundle to the brewing conflict in the Freljord.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks, because we’ve got plans for Trundle – not to mention that Trundle has plans of his own!

You’ll have to wait to hear more, but here’s something to tide you over. [URL2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3224791"]As with Karma’s relaunch[/URL2], anyone who owns Trundle before his relaunch will get this Traditional Trundle (has a nice ring to it) skin for free:

[aws2="news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic.jpg"]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

That trundle Dance seems to match up quite nicely to the muppet's Mahna Mahna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ