Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ecclessian

03-25-2013

That new model looks perfect for trundle! Riot, you're just too strong.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
How can anyone think he looks fantastic? He looks like Sion and Gragas had a baby. He looks stupid. That's not Trundle.
this

I think it's just the angles they chose for the traditional skin because the dancing one doesn't look horrible, but the traditional one looks AWFUL

where's his characteristic hunch onto his left hand? Why is he so big and bulky? It's like reimagining Master Yi with the physique of Hecarim.

The Shaco Bot

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

While old Trundle certainly had a unique narrative and visual design, we always felt he was disconnected from the rest of the world.

honestly Ive been waiting for some trundle changes but changing his lore and placement
is just going a little to far....

Im going to be very sad to see the hero of the tribal abandon his home, abandon his people, and move to the iceland. He was fun to play and his lore was compelling, not it appears only one of these factors will remain

Dioxinis

03-25-2013

I'm really sad riot has chosen this path to take trundle

trundles lore and character were one of the best in the league and now your taking everything that made him great away

He was one of the most sacrificial characters in the league taking his blessing and taking on the curse of his entire tribe so that they could live.

he was the total embodyment of grin and bear it

i dont see why there was the need to change one the the most cohesive champions in league of legends.

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
this

I think it's just the angles they chose for the traditional skin because the dancing one doesn't look horrible, but the traditional one looks AWFUL

where's his characteristic hunch onto his left hand? Why is he so big and bulky? It's like reimagining Master Yi with the physique of Hecarim.

I think the Traditional is a fine VU. But the new skin looks completely ridiculous.

PsychoPJ

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Use Only View Post
It's funny because in his league judgement, it was revealed that absorbing everyone's curse was causing his entire tribe to die because their regeneration wasn't working anymore. Trundle decided to keep the curse so he can let the tribe die for how they treated him for his selfless act.
They're not dying in that sense. It just means they don't posses the trademark high-speed regeneration of trolls. So they're not Wolverine anymore.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Not a fan at all of the Trundle remake. It was promised that he was going to remain the dirty little pigpen type character and he's now another buff monster like Zac. Traditional doesn't cut it it. He doesn't really have his runt stature and his lore which was mentioned in the why do we like Trundle thread was completely ignored when asking for skin feedback. I'm not seeing the applied Karma lessons. I wanted a better model for my lanky small troll and not a batch of muscles.

Granveilx

03-25-2013

Looks So Good!

LordUraj

03-25-2013

Oh my god yes, just yes.

Finally some Trundle news...this makes my week.

Melancholy Exile

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioxinis View Post
i dont see why there was the need to change one the the most cohesive champions in league of legends.
It's because, sadly enough, lore comes a distant third to both gameplay and visuals. All players will encounter the first two, and have their experience influenced by them, while only those who go the extra mile will have to deal with the stories behind the characters. At this point, Riot would far rather bring characters up to their current graphical and gameplay standard than try and hold onto elements of their character which the vast majority of the playerbase weren't even aware of.

It's sad, certainly, but it makes sense from their perspective.