Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OwlCityBestCity

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetaphrem View Post
No, dude, they better be just doing this for suspense but I can't believe they changed the ultimate good guy of league to an *******. WTF. People never read his lore and thought he was bad but he was the most selfless champion in there...now they just appeal to the lowest common denominator...so disappointing.
Bro, read his judgement.

He may seem selfless, but man..

Dat Judgement..

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

Morello, I know you have worked hard on this along with your team, but let me insert my concerns if you don't mind.

1. This looks nothing like Trundle. It's not the troll I've grown to love. He looks more like an ice golem than a troll. How does this troll have anything to do with the old lore in any way shape or form? Where is the disease at? How do his abilities tie into this lore? Will he be getting a Kit Rework as well?

2. Why does it look like Sion and Gragas had a baby? It doesn't look like a troll. It looks like you're trolling us with this design.

3. He looks even more like a joke. I understand there was humor in Trundle and it was something we Trundle players loved about him. But his skin and how he looked was iconic for us. Yes, it was gross. But that was part of the story. That was part of who he was and why we loved him. The big teeth and red hair and beard just make him look like you wanted an April Fools joke to pull on everyone. He looks incredibly ridiculous and not like a character I would want to play ever.

4. Trundle is gone. That's not Trundle. There are no aspects of Trundle in any of that design besides his club, and that is still a stretch. Just retire Trundle and make this a new character altogether. Because this looks nothing like our favorite troll.

Obviously, I'm disappointed. We put a lot of faith in you and the team to give Trundle a visual update (the traditional skin looks great) and to buff a few skills (enemy slow when on Contaminate, larger slow range on Pillar). But no. You just made him a completely different....thing... I'm highly disappointed in this. I just don't see how you thought of Trundle and came back with this.

Ytraz

03-25-2013

*Cough* Pure WoW *Cough Cough*

Forum Use Only

03-25-2013

Quote:
No, dude, they better be just doing this for suspense but I can't believe they changed the ultimate good guy of league to an *******. WTF. People never read his lore and thought he was bad but he was the most selfless champion in there...now they just appeal to the lowest common denominator...so disappointing.
It's funny because in his league judgement, it was revealed that absorbing everyone's curse was causing his entire tribe to die because their regeneration wasn't working anymore. Trundle decided to keep the curse so he can let the tribe die for how they treated him for his selfless act.

Den Kuchen

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What’s this…? Is this… a troll?

What’s a troll doing in the Freljord? Are we… trolling you?

On a more serious note, some of you will probably guess that if there’s a troll and he’s wielding a club… it’s Trundle! So we wanted to give you a taste of what’s to come, namely Trundle’s relaunch and his reimagining in the icy north.
Trundle's new look reminds me of this tier set, and it makes me so happy, because it's my favorite. I could not find an image of a troll wearing it, sadly.

I will now buy trundle for this reason alone. And I rarely jungle.

inb4 WoW-hate downvotes

IamKinneas

03-25-2013

Hi Riot,
Assuming this isn't an April Fools (If it is, no fair! You're trolling us too early!), could you give us some information on what will happen to Trundle's old skins? Lil' Slugger Trundle is one of my favourite skins and I'd hate to lose it. Also, will Trundle be receiving any changes to his Voice over work?
Trundle is one of my favourite champions, but I'm optimistic about any changes that are going to be made to him, and the classic skin looks excellent.

OwlCityBestCity

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Use Only View Post
It's funny because in his league judgement, it was revealed that absorbing everyone's curse was causing his entire tribe to die because their regeneration wasn't working anymore. Trundle decided to keep the curse so he can let the tribe die for how they treated him for his selfless act.

Trundle is the most human character out of all of the League.

Sorry, WAS the most human..

DNAgent

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What’s this…? Is this… a troll?

What’s a troll doing in the Freljord? Are we… trolling you?

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/NewTrundleDance.gif[/aws3]

On a more serious note, some of you will probably guess that if there’s a troll and he’s wielding a club… it’s Trundle! So we wanted to give you a taste of what’s to come, namely Trundle’s relaunch and his reimagining in the icy north.

While old Trundle certainly had a unique narrative and visual design, we always felt he was disconnected from the rest of the world. This inhibited the number of stories we could tell with Trundle and, well, we want to tell stories about him. Trundle’s upcoming changes include a gameplay update (more of a quality improvement than a rework – similar in scope to our Taric changes in [URL2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeH8HzGi3sc&t=01m57s"]3.03[/URL2]), a new ice-themed aesthetic (if you couldn’t guess), and a new story that ties Trundle to the brewing conflict in the Freljord.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks, because we’ve got plans for Trundle – not to mention that Trundle has plans of his own!

You’ll have to wait to hear more, but here’s something to tide you over. [URL2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3224791"]As with Karma’s relaunch[/URL2], anyone who owns Trundle before his relaunch will get this Traditional Trundle (has a nice ring to it) skin for free:

[aws2="news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic.jpg"]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]
I kind of like how Trundle looks there. Kind of reminds me of Kratos (GoW).

Garlyle Wilds

03-25-2013

Oh man Trundle

Not sure if excited or not. I learned a lot about Trundle's past and story and I hope at least the tone of it - sympathetic, depressing, but honorable etc. - in some way is kept, even if the tale itself is being rewritten.

Wet Butler

03-25-2013

Quote:

Didn't Trundle turn his back on his tribe after they shunned him, ultimately guaranteeing their death? I dunno about most selfless...