Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mephew

03-25-2013

Someone's being doing pushups

Tortferngatr

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Great observation. We would like to release an official timeline at some point. Until then, you can assume about two years has passed since the Freljord events described in the JOJ and Quinn's journey to the Freljord.
Quote:
Great care has been taken to build this story on the Freljord lore as represented in the JoJ. We will occasionally retcon things but we don't do so casually.

If you read all new lore releases with the assumption we have retconned, you're going to see retcons everywhere. If you read new lore releases with the assumption we do our best to avoid retcon, you'll see how the story continues. A lot of it comes down to your attitude when you read the lore, I encourage you to look for the continued story and discuss the continuing story with other players.
Quote:
So here is what generally happens.

[Lore A] is written and is followed up by [Lore B]

A player who is looking for retcons says, Lore B is inconsistent with Lore A, accordingly inferring that Lore A has been retconned. For example, the satating that Sejuani seems too powerful in the new Quinn journals, and thus that her previous status of being a relatively weak player in the Freljord has been implicitly retconned.

A players who is not looking for retcons, infers the chain of events that connect [Lore A] to [Lore B]. For example, a series of moves by Sejuani resulting in increased power, resulting in the Quinn lore being an accurate representation of her power while maintaining consistency with earlier lore.

A much more clear retcon would be Quinn saying "I saw Sejuani, she was riding her Alligator mount RenektonBot who is the only mount she has ever been known to ride". At that point you could reasonably assume we had retconned Bristle. This would never happen. I freaking love Bristle. I have a Bristle pillow. My first child will be named Bristle. But, you get the point.
Hmm. If Lore B is King Trundle, then does this imply that Trundle's managed to thrive, weaken his curse to the point where it no longer bothers him, then use his power in the League to convince some of his compatriots to stand up for trolls everywhere?

Incidentally, will a similar event to this Q&V journal system be occurring in Kalamanda? I know the League is still embarrassed by the actions they took there (or if certain theories on Reddit regarding LeBlanc and the remaining High Councilor are correct, maybe not), but we Dominionites would love it if we were to receive something of the Karma rework's gameplay change caliber...

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

inb4: april's fool's joke

eJaxulation

03-25-2013

Will the old Trundle skin keep the old audio too?

FatJuggahole

03-25-2013

bad

Jav E Cakez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Not sure if I should be excited for this or terrified that Trundle might lose the overwhelming charm he currently has.

Question Hound

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
[aws3]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/NewTrundleDance.gif[/aws3]
OMG I AM SO EXCITED. I'll definitely be writing a story featuring Ice King Trundle, this is too great to pass up.

Trazz

03-25-2013

Whaaaaaaat?!

Trundle had some of the best lore in the game! Man...

OwlCityBestCity

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
inb4: april's fool's joke
After seeing your posts all over P.B Forum, I don't want to agree with what you have to say.

But yeah, I'm scared now. heh. Thought the same thing.

Kinvaras666

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbrok View Post
They have the power to create threads in a restricted part of the forums and then move them when they are ready after the thread is all set-up as they want it. So they probably made it maybe 25 minutes ago in that forum and then moved it here after thoroughly spell checking and getting the first and second post.

all to prevent morello from posting on wrong account again.