Why hasn't Riot changed Xerath's passive already?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knote

03-24-2013

If you don't want it let Syndra have it then.

Dyzmatik

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzrathnosh View Post
Because it's fine and allows him to survive close encounters that he's not designed to survive otherwise.

Not that hard to figure out.
IF HE'S NOT DESIGNED TO SURVIVE CLOSE ENCOUNTERS, THAT WHY GIVE HIM THAT PASSIVE?

Not that hard to defuse your entire logic.

PvtFlowers

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
I think people need to understand a few things about Xerath:

First, he's a late game champ.
Despite being a mage, he doesn't shine until late game, when you have max CDR, a lot of AP, and can shoot your Q with 64% magic pen every 3 seconds.

Second, he's not a nuker.
LeBlanc is a nuker, Annie is a nuker...these champs do a ton of damage in a very short amount of time. Xerath is a sustained damage champ. He hits with moderate damage per hit, but over time it's lethal. BUUUTT if you want to be a nuker with Xerath, you could grab DFG and try to ambush a lone enemy, but this puts you into smacking range, which defeats the best strength of Xerath.
Anyone Xerath uses E is pretty much guaranteed dead. I'd say he is a reliable nuker and siege champ. It's not like his ult isn't on a stupid short cd or anything.

Davidt1234

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhageQuitter View Post
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2...1#ranked-stats

....You've played Xerath 4 times and you don't even have a positive KDA with him
inb4 he says "its my smurf"

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-24-2013
1 of 25 Riot Posts

What do you think would be a good passive on Xerath?

hashinshin

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I think a good passive for Xerath would be an out of place survivability one that scales with the game such that his slower damage output can keep pace with an increasingly bursty world, yet is weak enough that his main abilities can be powerful.

NotBuzzJack

03-24-2013

Quote:
One that gave him free defensive stats to survive against AD assa- oh wait.

Golden Dawn Mage

03-24-2013

Play Xerath against AD Melees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! End of story. He gets Armor. Why'd you pick Xerath against Lux and think you'd win? Same thing goes with Annie and her shield that counters AD champs.

Ryften

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
I think a good passive for Xerath would be an out of place survivability one that scales with the game such that his slower damage output can keep pace with an increasingly bursty world, yet is weak enough that his main abilities can be powerful.
Hmm... maybe make it armor so isn't stupid to lane against AP mids, but can still mitigate alot of damage in team-fights

CVonStauffenberg

03-24-2013

Quote:
I like it the way it is. If a QQ thread changes his passive, I will get a bear, put him in armor, teach him to flip tables, and put him in Riot's staff lounge.