[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemt

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
If he's dealing mostly physical damage, get a Frozen Heart. If he's dealing mostly magic damage, get Force of Nature. If it's more like 50/50, get Aegis of the Legion. Aegis gets nerfed on this patch, so it may not be such a good idea anymore.
About the Aegis, you don't need it as much anymore. It's fine to get Guardian Angel instead if your team doesn't seem to need the extra durability.

Lomar

Associate Producer

12-04-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

By the far the most fun to read guide I've seen. I also completely agree with your playstyle for Cho.

Proletaria

12-04-2009

Still a beast after the patch. Man I love this build. Nothing like a pub full of ap stacked carries to eat since everyone has a raging stiffi for new Ryze and that retarted turrle/bear/tiger thing that I keep picking out of my teeth.

SpyderMonkey

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
Still a beast after the patch. Man I love this build. Nothing like a pub full of ap stacked carries to eat since everyone has a raging stiffi for new Ryze and that retarted turrle/bear/tiger thing that I keep picking out of my teeth.

Careful, I hear if Udyr's in Phoenix form the indigestion from devour will double the cooldown.

condon

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderMonkey View Post
Careful, I hear if Udyr's in Phoenix form the indigestion from devour will double the cooldown.
Turtle form hurts my teeth. Seriously though, watch for it to **** up your feasts.

Udyr is laughable with Cho'Gath around though. His only disable is a close range stun. Hands up if you want to run straight at the Cho'Gath.

Thought so.

killd0zer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalledon View Post
I've found a lot of success using the Rupture/Vorpal build, ignoring silence till the end, but with stacking AP. For items

1. Regrowth Pendant -> Upgrade to Philosopher's Stone
2. Boots of Swiftness
3. Mejai's Soulstealer (this one is important because of it's Unique Passive. Once your start eating other heroes left and right this will shoot your AP up quickly, plus it starts at 70 AP which is nothing to scoff at)
4. Zhonya's Ring
5. Rylai's Scepter
6. Lich Bane
7. If your game is still going at this point, sell Regrowth for any static HP boost

Your Rupture will be doing about 700-800 damage now and your Feast will be doing over 1000.

Now I know you might be concerned about no +HP, but with Feast's boosts and being aware of what's going on, this usually isn't an issue. Remember Feast gives the same HP boost if you use it on a minion as on a champion. So if you die, just eat a bunch of minions or creeps before heading back out.
but ap is ****, why do 200 extra damage per spell, when you can have 2-4k extra hp? you compleatly ignore the "if they kill me, then i have to wait 6min for feast to cooldown for ful size" with health Cho, you die less often, and then if/when you do die, you arnt ****ed up when you respawn.

Lemt

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomar View Post
By the far the most fun to read guide I've seen. I also completely agree with your playstyle for Cho.
You know you have a good guide in your hands when a red approves.

Tram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2009

A legend, a legacy, an awesome guide.

Ressa

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
**** scream.

No, you shut up.

Vorpal
Rupture
Vorpal
Rupture
Vorpal
Feast
Vorpal
Rupture
Vorpal
Rupture
Feast
Rupture
Blah blah blah

Seriously, **** scream.
I am led to believe that Condon either secretly plays Katarina, or has no idea who she is. He also has never heard of this mystical item called Banshee Veil.

ohohohoho

condon

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ressa View Post
I am led to believe that Condon either secretly plays Katarina, or has no idea who she is. He also has never heard of this mystical item called Banshee Veil.

ohohohoho
I will admit there are a couple heroes that end up being a problem, but only early on. Sivir (Until you learn how to read her boomerang shots), Annie (Watch for the early nuke FB, **** is not cool), and Kat (Shunpo makes rupture really, really difficult to land, and the bouncing dagger is annoying as all sin.) Anyone can be a problem, if they have the skills.

If you really think it will help more to get scream early, get a rank of it. Just be more careful with your mana. You'll be more defensible, but less with the lane control. I for one prefer to play aggressive and loose with Cho'Gath, so I almost always opt for the chained ruptures.