LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks Hexo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semune

03-24-2013

Two days before action is taken, if Riot does not permanently ban his account and penalize GGU.

First action will be to attempt to reason with Riot for a period of 24 hours in... A different way.

Second action will be to notify the authorities of a federal law being broken that carries a sentence of seven years in prison. We will first contact the FBI, then the local authorities, since he attends the LCS, this won't be difficult.

Third action is a surprise, if the authorities do not intervene in a way we do not seem proper.

This is an act of injustice via favoritism. Undeniable and indisputable proof that he DDOS'd someone in a cruel way in order to gain any advantage is a sign that he regularly uses the function to deny innocent people their right to be on the internet, for personal gain. If this was the average joe, they would've been permanently banned immediately. There is also indisputable evidence of him providing ELO boosting regularly, and has probably profited in the thousands. While this isn't really much of a point I can comment on, it just proves how much of a scumbag this guy truely is.

Don't worry, we Will Not let this go unpunished. ^_^

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Expect us.

On a less serious note. First comment on page 69. Awwww yeah baby. Giggidy giggidy gi-ga-gy

TkEasy

03-24-2013

bump

Sevarios

03-24-2013

A WARNING? Wow, there are players getting kicked out of the pro league for just being verbally abusive. Whereas there is far more reason to remove this person from the league, and he's not even getting an account ban??

If someone says they're going to DOS someone else, and shortly afterward that person is disconnected, that is about as damning as you can get.

And to all those people who are denying this because the stream was still up, a DOS attack does not need to shut down your internet, they may simply need to spam the network port LoL is running on, and even if not then they may simply clog the downstream traffic but not upstream.

SHockvaLueX

03-24-2013

why is this even a problem if it wasn't in an LCS game? not sure why people care at all.... typical league community ignorance
other peoples problems are not your problems......

Luxieto

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevarios View Post
A WARNING? Wow, there are players getting kicked out of the pro league for just being verbally abusive. Whereas there is far more reason to remove this person from the league, and he's not even getting an account ban??

If someone says they're going to DOS someone else, and shortly afterward that person is disconnected, that is about as damning as you can get.

And to all those people who are denying this because the stream was still up, a DOS attack does not need to shut down your internet, they may simply need to spam the network port LoL is running on, and even if not then they may simply clog the downstream traffic but not upstream.
I dont think that any information that RIOT has on the matter reaches the preponderance of evidence needed to actually do anything.
you could argue that his d/cign RIGHT after the dude said something is enough, but then you have the people who say, wtf, how was he streaming if he got Ddos'd?
really, if anything , i'd just ask why the person riot has identified as most toxic out of ALL his peers is allowed to still play the game

TechieGee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxieto View Post
I dont think that any information that RIOT has on the matter reaches the preponderance of evidence needed to actually do anything.
you could argue that his d/cign RIGHT after the dude said something is enough, but then you have the people who say, wtf, how was he streaming if he got Ddos'd?
really, if anything , i'd just ask why the person riot has identified as most toxic out of ALL his peers is allowed to still play the game
This.
You cannot be streaming if you've been DDoS'd. A DDoS or a DoS floods your internet with so much data your internet gets a brainfreeze, which is why it's commonly referred to as "flooding your internet." Secondly, as it has been mentioned before, how the hell does typing something like that into ALL CHAT return a value? I highly doubt there is a means to get IP's while in a game of LoL, but assuming you could, it would be all of the IP's from both teams, with no way to link each IP to a particular player.

While I agree Hexo needs some discipline, it shouldn't be for a "DoS."
It should be for being a toxic jerk of a player. Of course, this means it should be a lighter punishment.

It's kinda ridiculous that people think Hexo really DDoS'd.

TOP OR JUNG ONLY

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieGee View Post

It's kinda ridiculous that people think Hexo really DDoS'd.
It's kinda ridiculous that you think it's not possible to DoS someone's client.

Because guess what? Riot's client is outdated, and uses Adobe Air. Do you think their securities are that great?

Because they're not. They've always had a problem with this.

Annaire

03-24-2013

;D

Horntail777

03-24-2013

I'm surprised that they let him off with a warning, he should be considered lucky.

Annaire

03-27-2013

;D