/mute

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rothaga122

03-22-2013

i have been in games with just aholes and they yell at me for stuff thats not my fault so i go to mute them and then i get you must /mute [playername]... i type in player name and it just pops up again ohh i have to put [] around the name try it again and the same useless msg pops up all while being yelled and cursed at it is extremely frustrating and i dont know what im doing wrong because the same damm thing pops up and i try it again same thing and so i forget it few momentslater am being harrassed again so i cant take it anymore and leave because im not playing this game to be yelled at im playing to have fun try playing basket ball with people yelling and swearing at you it isnt fun so u leave but ohwait your banned from the basketball court so plz add a more informative note plz

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

03-23-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

If you want to mute someone, there is a mute button on the scoreboard you could use.

Badfur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

Doesn't that also put them on ignore? Is there a way to mute someone, but not ignore them?

Crsader

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
If you want to mute someone, there is a mute button on the scoreboard you could use.
@LowPolyCount - the post is about in-game. I have the same doubt. Have to wait till game is over to ignore on the scorecard like you say.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

mute is buggy right now (as in it rarely works)

C'mon Polly you had to know this

Mirror

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crsader View Post
@LowPolyCount - the post is about in-game. I have the same doubt. Have to wait till game is over to ignore on the scorecard like you say.
To bring up the in-game scoreboard, press and hold the Tab key (by default).

On the very right side of the pane, there will be speech bubbles in each champion's row. You can click on that to toggle Ignore on and off.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbr1 En Brazil View Post
mute is buggy right now (as in it rarely works)

C'mon Polly you had to know this
I use ignore a lot, and I have yet to have it fail on me. Could you elaborate?

Ryuucat Meow Mew

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
I use ignore a lot, and I have yet to have it fail on me. Could you elaborate?
I've occasionally noticed still seeing an odd message here and there from players who I have muted/ignored (or in the case of having all chat disabled altogether), this might be what he's referring to. Though it's really not frequent enough to warrant any real concern.

Wertilq

03-23-2013

I played a ranked game, and I was with a guy spewing his **** over me. Next game I play against the guy, and I got a message from him still "report jarvan!" or something like that he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
If someone types /mute could you make it say that?

8e2erk

08-24-2013

I feel you bro, some player seem to drag their personal problems to the game and pick you for every tiny mistake you might make or blame you for not diving in kamikaze-like to an obvious suicidal attempt etc you know what i mean.
So don't let it discourage you to continue to enjoy this fabulous game.
btw, i just ignore them and try to focus on the game, anyways the game is only 20 to 40min so if you get flamed by teammates keep it cool and hopefully dont become like them, you might get lucky the next one. This is like life, you got learn to adapt and expect different emotional reaction from people.
btw, from my short experience, i can tell you that I have more chance of wining game when everyone agree on playing safe, conservative, or defensive.
So fellow summoner GL and HF!! xD