Known bugs and Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuschua View Post
Since I got the official LoL on mac last Saturday and after few games my LoL crashes...

These are the problems:
- Sometimes it lags for a long time.
- Most of the time it crashes not like the iLoL.

Well I hope Riot can fix this problem because when I reconnect, it takes 5-10 secs more than the LoL on Windows...
Thank you
Post your system specs, post some logs from when it crashes, and perhaps we can help get it fixed.

HST

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

recently been getting bug splat notifications after games. Client working fine after closing the notification window

also received an error where i could not open the client anymore to the point where the error no longer appeared and clicking the icon or trying to open it would be unresponsive.

though i deleted and reinstalled it on my hardrive again and its back to working.

and player connect when loading into a game some players wont show as connected when they actually are

Drivethrough

03-22-2013

Every time i have to patch on NA it will get to 99% and never finish i then have to close it the open it again and start from the 2/2 all over again.

RocketGruntMark

03-22-2013

i downloaded the mac client but when i try opening the app it pulls up a prompt that say "Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information". Can someone please explain how i can try to fix this and finally play some long awaited LoL. thanks.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethrough View Post
Every time i have to patch on NA it will get to 99% and never finish i then have to close it the open it again and start from the 2/2 all over again.
The latest patch takes an extraordinarily long time at the 99% mark. Interrupting it by closing causes the patch to start all over again.

According to logfiles posted, it seems that this last step is mostly after the files have been downloaded, and its making changes to files locally. The only thing that can speed up this process is a faster hard drive.

Some people have reported 10 minutes (solid state drive), others half an hour, others just left it overnight and it was done in the morning.

Just let it patch overnight, don't interrupt it.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGruntMark View Post
i downloaded the mac client but when i try opening the app it pulls up a prompt that say "Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information". Can someone please explain how i can try to fix this and finally play some long awaited LoL. thanks.
Post your system specs, post your logfiles. I'll see what I can do.
- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3222596

Mukover

03-22-2013

Hey,
First off. Thanks for putting out the Mac client again and spending your time working on any issues.
Having said that, im wondering if anyone else has been experiencing really low fps ever since the last patch. My Macbook ran the game totally fine at 60 frames maxed settings before the recent patch, now it maxes out at 20 fps. Its as if i have it set to max out at 20. Ive checked into that and its set to remain stable, i lowered the graphics settings and it remains steady at 20 fps.
Riot Heeeeeeelp.
Thanks!

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukover View Post
Hey,
First off. Thanks for putting out the Mac client again and spending your time working on any issues.
Having said that, im wondering if anyone else has been experiencing really low fps ever since the last patch. My Macbook ran the game totally fine at 60 frames maxed settings before the recent patch, now it maxes out at 20 fps. Its as if i have it set to max out at 20. Ive checked into that and its set to remain stable, i lowered the graphics settings and it remains steady at 20 fps.
Riot Heeeeeeelp.
Thanks!
Lacking your system specs, I can only offer general advice.

There are a few things you can try:

- Disable vsync.
- Disable shadows.
- Change the Frame Rate Cap value around, find whatever setting produces the best frame rate for you.

Frame Rate Cap
* Benchmark - This option makes the game run at its unaltered state with smoothing technology turned off.
* Stable -This attempt to detect and maintain a stable framerate above 25fps. Players may experience a slightly lower maximum framerate, but fluctuations should be less.
* High Framerate - This option also detects the low and high framerates and attempts to normalize the performance, but at a higher rate than the “Stable” option.
* 25/30/60/80 - This option allows the player to control the target framerate the smoothing process will attempt to achieve.

If your frame rate is still insufficient, try these:
- Try disabling automatic graphics switching (temporarily) to see if its causing a problem.
- Update your OS
- Perform an SMC Reset

tank1221

03-23-2013

I have some problesm with my mac and my fps i know its kinda old but i was playing on a 2001 windows computer and i had 15 constant fps now i have a 2008 macbook version 1.6.8.

2.4GHz intel core 2 duo

Serial number is:W883456W0P2

and it has a X3100 video card could you tell me if it is just that my macbook sucks and even a 2001 windows laptop beats it that hard because im having 4 fps in teamfights and that is really sad help please.

*i can even play sc2 with this one that needs even more computer power so why i cant play this T.T *

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank1221 View Post
I have some problesm with my mac and my fps i know its kinda old but i was playing on a 2001 windows computer and i had 15 constant fps now i have a 2008 macbook version 1.6.8.

2.4GHz intel core 2 duo

Serial number is:W883456W0P2

and it has a X3100 video card could you tell me if it is just that my macbook sucks and even a 2001 windows laptop beats it that hard because im having 4 fps in teamfights and that is really sad help please.

*i can even play sc2 with this one that needs even more computer power so why i cant play this T.T *
Here's a quote from the minimum system specifications for LoL page:

Quote:
Note: At this time, the Intel GMA Series of graphics processors are not supported. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
The full name for your video card is Intel GMA X3100 (144MB RAM). This video card has low power consumption and amply handles most 2D tasks with flying colors, it is not intended for 3D gaming, and just doesn't have the power to run LoL at a reasonable frame rate.