Do Rioters play bot games?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Animal Ears

03-21-2013

I remember seeing a video of Rioters losing to bots...

Bellmaker33

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGradius View Post
Heck yeah, when I'm trying out a silly build on a champion, or when I'm playing with a newbie player and I wanna teach them without the stress of PvP.
Teach me, oh great one.

Mack7n

03-21-2013

Uh OH, RIOT posted on this thread. Prepare for it to blow up, and get 10,000views.

Attachment 642043

gradiuscypher

03-21-2013
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodraiderX View Post
what a guy, nice to see more helpers. hey wanna play a game gradius premade draft we need one more???
Aww, I'd like to but I'm currently trying to get some work done Add me in game though and toss me an invite if you see that I'm online!

gradiuscypher

03-21-2013
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack7n View Post
Uh OH, RIOT posted on this thread. Prepare for it to blow up, and get 10,000views.

Attachment 642043
Cute. I like conversing with the community, so I'll post wherever I feel like I have input. As for posting about technical questions, you see my job title? Yeah not exactly the best idea for me to be going into large details about security related things.

Many of the times when you see Rioters posting on one forum but not another is because they (the Rioter) doesn't feel like they're a good subject matter expert. Part of forum training for us is about empowering us to post when we feel like it, but also making sure we don't claim to be an expert on things we're not.

I'd really like to answer more technical questions related to security (those that I'm free to talk about), but otherwise, I'm not going to stop posting because it's NOT about my job position.

Scrappyboss13

03-21-2013

Quote:
Aww, I'd like to but I'm currently trying to get some work done Add me in game though and toss me an invite if you see that I'm online!
Must add then.

Mack7n

03-21-2013

Quote:
Cute. I like conversing with the community, so I'll post wherever I feel like I have input. As for posting about technical questions, you see my job title? Yeah not exactly the best idea for me to be going into large details about security related things.

Many of the times when you see Rioters posting on one forum but not another is because they (the Rioter) doesn't feel like their a good subject matter expert. Part of forum training for us is about empowering us to post when we feel like it, but also making sure we don't claim to be an expert on things we're not.

I'd really like to answer more technical questions related to security (those that I'm free to talk about), but otherwise, I'm not going to stop posting because it's NOT about my job position.
Haha, it was more of a joke than anything else. I've been administrator on a few forums, and I know the whole "avoid confrontation on certain posts" oh too well. :-) Glad I didn't receive a ban for that image.

CommandShockwave

03-21-2013

Quote:

Many of the times when you see Rioters posting on one forum but not another is because they (the Rioter) doesn't feel like they're a good subject matter expert. Part of forum training for us is about empowering us to post when we feel like it, but also making sure we don't claim to be an expert on things we're not.

Forum training eh?

I've always wondered what you guidelines to posting on the forums were, can you share a bit more?

:3

gradiuscypher

03-21-2013
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Schtiffles View Post
Forum training eh?

I've always wondered what you guidelines to posting on the forums were, can you share a bit more?

:3
There's really not much to it actually! It's mostly a matter of using common sense and good judgement about what we should and should not disclose about our jobs. We're actually given quite a bit of freedom in terms of how we interact with the community.

Mack7n

03-21-2013

How do I get a job as a RIOT Forum troll? I'd love to go through these posts as a moderator.