@ Riot - Please give Sakura Karma her kimono back!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noscere

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ququroon View Post
So as GrumpyMonkey, IronStylus and ohmikegoodness have explained, we had a few technical issues with Sakura Karma. Karmaís new animation set was rather pronounced, which meant a full dress was impractical. Youíve let us know how you felt about this, and there has been a bit of silence on our end. We didnít want to say we could fix it if we couldnít.

But we heard you, loud and clear. We agreed, she should be closer to her original Sakura concept. So XRayAlpha and JesterCapp busted their asses and made time to make this a reality. They, and us as a team, felt like there were more things we could do to make this work.

I feel like they totally nailed it out of the park.

Attachment 641123

Great job! Thank you thank you so so much!

Sanavlys

03-20-2013

Quote:
So as GrumpyMonkey, IronStylus and ohmikegoodness have explained, we had a few technical issues with Sakura Karma. Karmaís new animation set was rather pronounced, which meant a full dress was impractical. Youíve let us know how you felt about this, and there has been a bit of silence on our end. We didnít want to say we could fix it if we couldnít.

But we heard you, loud and clear. We agreed, she should be closer to her original Sakura concept. So XRayAlpha and JesterCapp busted their asses and made time to make this a reality. They, and us as a team, felt like there were more things we could do to make this work.

Attachment 641123
If I like how karma plays now you've got a sale here.

Nicely done.

Morphine

03-20-2013

Looks way better.

Ravechaosknight

03-20-2013

Quote:

Attachment 641123
Sweet! That really does look much better thank you.

Method512

03-20-2013

Quote:

Attachment 641123
It's much better. <3

Sir Cutchry

03-20-2013

Quote:

Attachment 641123
Wow that's an incredible step up! GJ guys!

Luxine

03-20-2013

Oh how I wish Sun Goddess and the Traditional skin to have the dress 'feeling' that now Sakura has >.<

It looks so much better and so much more...Karma! Long dresses for Karma! <3

Imagine Sun Goddess with that gorgeous yellow and green dress in the same format as Sakura!

Dem feels and wants! :B

EDIT: Thanks so much for fixing Sakura! It's AMAZING!

Yfrappefort

03-20-2013

Quote:

Attachment 641123
Well done, looks much better now.

ZaganJustice

03-20-2013

I don't even play karma, so this doesn't directly affect me, but I really like the way this was handled and responded to, so +1 RIOT. Keep up the good work.

And yes, I think the majority of us understand that we were lucky this was finished as fast as it was.

JesterCapp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Technical Artist

03-20-2013
8 of 16 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

really glad to hear initial reactions are good! This version of the Sakura skin is much closer to the design IronStylus originally concepted for the rework, and I'm glad we were able to deliver it to you. There were some rigging and animation challenges, but I think this solution works pretty well with the new animation set. If you have additional feedback, we're always around to listen.

Side note: "nailed it out of the park" is now my favorite mixed metaphor.