Patch is at 99% "Applying Patches" and seemingly stops

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoSim

03-19-2013

Jumping from 0:07 - 0:08 seconds remaining with BIN_0x00000000. It's been about 15 minutes...

Macbook Pro 15"
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-19-2013

Give it time. Even on a beast of a machine, it takes at least 10 minutes at the 99% mark. It wouldn't surprise me to see it take half an hour or longer.

Dirshe

03-20-2013

same problem even with fiber connection of 500mpbs dl/upload it still stays at 99% forever waited at least 2hrs i still cannot find a solution and cant use ilol due to the AoE crashes.

PsychoSim

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
Give it time. Even on a beast of a machine, it takes at least 10 minutes at the 99% mark. It wouldn't surprise me to see it take half an hour or longer.
Thanks for the info.

I just went to bed. It was done when I got up 8 hours later.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirshe View Post
same problem even with fiber connection of 500mpbs dl/upload it still stays at 99% forever waited at least 2hrs i still cannot find a solution and cant use ilol due to the AoE crashes.
The 99% part is it making changes to your local files; It has long since finished downloading. The only thing that seems to speed this part of the patching process up is a solid state drive.

Dirshe

03-21-2013

Quote:
The 99% part is it making changers to your local files; It has long since finished downloading. The only thing that seems to speed this part of the patching process up is a solid state drive.

you were right ^_^ i just needed patience. thank you.

We Are As One

03-22-2013

Umm if its making changes to local files then how come its saturating my downlink while waiting?

(ps it doesn't do this on my windows client)

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0oyeah View Post
Umm if its making changes to local files then how come its saturating my downlink while waiting?

(ps it doesn't do this on my windows client)
For how long? Do you have peer to peer transfer enabled? I was getting almost zero network activity at the final stage.

canopy

03-22-2013

As Dataslave said, I would just give it some time. I had the same problem trying to download the PBE a few days ago and when I actually looked at it, while it did stay at "Applying Patches" the files that it was talking about (listed beneath the "Applying Patches") were changing, if slowly. It honestly took me a few hours to finally get it to apply patches, but it finally did.

It wasn't because I had P2P on or anything, it just took for freaking ever haha.

Although I do agree with you b0oyeah, it has never done that on my Windows Client.

(Although I have no idea what you're talking about with the downlink)

We Are As One

03-23-2013

Quote:
For how long? Do you have peer to peer transfer enabled? I was getting almost zero network activity at the final stage.
Like 15min at 99% with 366kB/s down the whole time. Did the same thing last patch. And yes I have p2p enabled but it wasn't uploading anything more than whats necessary for tcp/ip overhead.