Promotion Bug-Silver division

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solario528

03-20-2013

Is it possible for someone to skip a tier after their placement series? I am confused because I was Silver V before the promotion series and now I am Silver 3, is this a bug. glitch or am I actually in Silver 3?

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35398856#profile

General Milky

03-20-2013

You are able to skip tiers if you do well enough (:

Fluffyknowsyou

03-20-2013

Grats mang

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

03-20-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This can happen if the system believes you should be in a higher division based on your hidden MMR. You will only "jump" tiers. For example, you can't go from Gold II to Platinum V. However, going from Silver V to Silver III is possible

Solario528

03-20-2013

Thanks everyone for the fast reply, definitely make me feel better knowing it wasn't a glitch or my client acting up on me now I can go and enjoy my promotion.

Quote:
This can happen if the system believes you should be in a higher division based on your hidden MMR. You will only "jump" tiers. For example, you can't go from Gold II to Platinum V. However, going from Silver V to Silver III is possible
Wow a red post and so fast too!!!! Thanks for the clarification, appreciate it. Now to aim higher

Hostileintention

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Is it possible to go from gold5 then to plat 4? after promotion games?

NastyBuzzard

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileIntention View Post
Is it possible to go from gold5 then to plat 4? after promotion games?
silver V to silver III yes, from silver to gold or gold to platinum or even silver to platinum is no.