Legendary skin idea: Volichair

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

03-20-2013

With the increase in popularity for Volibear, I think now is the time to unleash the best skin Riot has ever made: Volichair. You know what's scarier than an armored bear? An armored bear... with wheels.

Imagine you're walking through Summoner's Rift, facechecking Dragon like a boss, and Volichair comes wheeling out of nowhere with his Rolling Thunder, being all handi-capable and then electrocuting you with the static discharge of his ult (clearly caused by the buildup of his rusty wheels rolling as he careens toward you in a rampage of twisted steel and bloodlust).

We don't put him in the chair, we make him the chair. Remove his back legs completely and replace them with wheels. For bonus points, make them spiked wheels. Include a chair back, because he needs the leverage for his flips. Even the most fierce of handi-capable armored bears sit back and relax every now and then. Then we add cybernetic hextech doodads all over his model: red, glowing eyes, mechanical jaws of death, and no, we don't go all Mortal Kombat and give him metal arms. He has the right to bear arms.

His animations would be spectacular:

Chosen of the Storm Green glowy particles are soooooo 2011. Volichair feeds on the life force of those so weak they need all four limbs. When his passive activates, nozzles open up and spray him with a rejuvenating red mist made of the very life-juice of the inferiors he consumes on a daily basis.

Rolling Thunder is suddenly very literal. Volichair furiously pounds the ground with his forepaws as his wheels shake from side to side, and when he flips, the entire wheelchair leans back in dramatic fashion.

Frenzy doesn't seem to mesh well at first glance. Then you realize that Volichair is literally in the most optimal position to take a bite out of your ass - and then you realize that the enhancements to his lower half weren't his only remodeling. His jaws distend like a snake, like a hextech-enhanced paraplegic snake, and crush the life from you.

Majestic Roar? He lifts the chair off the ground with his own amazing upper-body strength and slams it down so fiercely that everyone around him wets themselves in fear.

Thunder Claws, the coup-de-grace. When he scrambles toward you with this skill active, his entire chair glows with electric intent. When he lashes out, the energy ripples up his wheeled frame and out his intensely muscled arms in a display of furious pyrotechnics. Your grandma will know the instant you activate this skill, and will send you a card with $2 in it because she's going to assume it's Christmas with the light show you're putting out.

As for voice-overs? The puns are obvious (E - "I'll show you disabled!"), but the real joy here is in the little details. The terrifying screech of rusty wheels as he bursts out of a river bush. The viscous pumping of fluids as he regenerates before your very eyes. Equal parts terrifying and hilarious, the Volichair sound effects will assail your senses, and then devour you whole.

Need more?
"I like to roll with the punches!"
"They told me living with a disability would be a real bear"
"Nerfs are my real handicap!"

Then you fill them with SAW-caliber screeching, pumping, and squealing as background effects.

Could use someone with Paint skills to make a visual impression for Riot's team. I'm an idea man, not an artist.

Edit: Joe-endorsed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe, from Family Guy
ALRIGHT! Let's do it!

PhoenixSlayer13

03-20-2013

Well then. I'm not sure if other disabled people would be offended by this or feel empowered by it. I'll wait and see.

I personally like it. Hilarious explanations for everything.

DontPwnMe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

The title was good enough to earn my undying support and devotion.

Bekkal

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSlayer13 View Post
Well then. I'm not sure if other disabled people would be offended by this or feel empowered by it. I'll wait and see.

I'd thought about this. To me, nothing says "I support the wheelchair-bound" like making a champion skin that mauls enemies with equal- nay, greater fury than his differently-abled counterparts. Different bodies, same results, extra bloodlust.

Jaden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

A+

Riot cmon man.

fourone

03-20-2013

roit pls

Alumenlux

03-20-2013

I am reminded of Joe from Family Guy

ScrambledTrout

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSlayer13 View Post

I had thought about this too, and I can see people going either way. Personally, I like to think of it as empowering! Bring it on!

Tigrian

03-20-2013

oh. My. guh.

Best idea ever. All of my +1

ArcDriveFinish

03-20-2013

This chair