LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks Hexo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thybeast View Post
too lenient for pro players. they banned iwilldominate and hes back playing competitive for curse's second when he was banned from s3. riot favor's the proffesionals
He was banned from Riot's LCS/Sponsored tournaments, not from other sponsors tournaments.

IrMonsters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

ahh yeah i misread it

Sevorast

03-19-2013

The guy (Hexo) been trash talking Riot all day on his Twitter and elsewhere. Claiming they have no proof and if they did they should just ban him or whatever.

As well as having been caught selling elo boosting on various forums by some dude on reddit. He edited all the forum posts by now I'm sure though.

**** this Hexo guy. Seriously, seems like a major ******canoe anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/nkvoXGQ.png

edit: oh the dealer posted this a bit back already. what I get for not reading the whole thread.

NeonForestGreen

03-19-2013

Apparently riot lets people brake US laws and get away with it.
kudos riot!

P1LLOWHUMP3R

03-19-2013

I did and the attack happened against someone playing lol, not against riot themselves.
They can look at the chat log and see that everything points to the threat of doing a ddos and it being carried out. But the attack happened against the player. All riot knows is that he dc'd they do not know why and can only assume by what is in chat and the events that happened.
The person that was attacked has to pick up from there.
Riot knows what happened but they do not monitor ip traffic to your location. They also have no proof or even a dog in this fight.

A guy playing lol was ddos'd riot cant do anything that other than what they did.

Think of it like this. You go to a convenience store. Go inside to buy a icee and someone steals your car.
Is it the stores fault?
Does the store call the cops, your insurance company, get you a rental car. Give you your icee for free?

No they tell you sorry.
And give up video if they want to but not obligated to.

Same thing here.
Someone playing lol got attacked. Riot knows nothing more than what was said in chat logs and that some person had a dc from their game at that time. They can put 2+2 together and issue a warning but the attack did not happen to them.

And im sure the person that got attacked didn't know what happened either. Unless you are running software to monitor traffic to your ip. Or calling your isp at the time its happening. Then nothing can be done.

Noobgrenade

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonForestGreen View Post
Apparently riot lets people brake US laws and get away with it.
kudos riot!
So, how exactly are you imagining that Riot should prove a DoS attack on someone else?

IrMonsters

03-19-2013

its the stores fault

KajaGrae

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobgrenade View Post
So, how exactly are you imagining that Riot should prove a DoS attack on someone else?
Subpoena the ISP for logs.

Noobgrenade

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KajaGrae View Post
Subpoena the ISP for logs.
Riot's got no standing to do so. The user who got dosed could, and assuming the person who launched the DoS sucked pretty bad, the ISP logs might even help. Possibly. Assuming the ISP still has them.
Don't get me wrong, they should ban the ****er on suspicion, or for the other shady **** he's been doing (see Reddit), but no court on Earth would give Riot access to a third party's ISP logs without loads more reason.

CoolHandJack

03-19-2013

are you serious? A WARNING for a DDoS?

QP gets a bigger punishment then this guy?