LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks Hexo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venova

03-19-2013

This should be a permaban, not a warning, tell them to find another manager.

Fateborn

03-19-2013

I knows a Hexo, played with him a few times last game.
Seemed like a good guy to me, while he might be a ******, he just wants to play to win.

Pinkuu

03-19-2013

Need more proof, I don't believe this for a second.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._under/c7r5zk2

Commando Slap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Why isn't he banned?

OneVendetta

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneVendetta View Post
To be fair, RobertxLee deserved that DDoS, he is a super cheating *****
Definitely. People with no morals are the worst.

Lethminite

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Slap View Post
Why isn't he banned?
I think because they can't prove anything, but i'd like an offical statement on that too.

KingZoidberg

03-19-2013

Wow, so the GM of a top competitive team pulls bull-ish like that and you give him a warning? You just set the standard, instead of using this opportunity to crack down hard and fast to quell further use of these programs you just slap him on the wrist? Players get banned for unorthodox builds but blatant cheating by a top player gets not only next to no administrative action but is then BRAGGED ABOUT by the enforcers of the rules as if they had actually done something. Hilariously ludicrous behavior by Hexo, GGU Gaming, and Riot.

I for one would like to demand further action be taken against him and his team instead of this simple warning. Just by the response of NintendudeX, a reasonable person can ascertain that this is neither their first nor last time doing this. They obviously have no respect for fair play and good spirited competition. Bans all around, at the very least dropped to bottom bracket, where they actually might be able to pull off some wins without cheating.

Wyrmmm

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzoidberg View Post
wow, so the gm of a top competitive team pulls bull-ish like that and you give him a warning? You just set the standard, instead of using this opportunity to crack down hard and fast to quell further use of these programs you just slap him on the wrist? Players get banned for unorthodox builds but blatant cheating by a top player gets not only next to no administrative action but is then bragged about by the enforcers of the rules as if they had actually done something. Hilariously ludicrous behavior by hexo, ggu gaming, and riot.

I for one would like to demand further action be taken against him and his team instead of this simple warning. Just by the response of nintendudex, a reasonable person can ascertain that this is neither their first nor last time doing this. They obviously have no respect for fair play and good spirited competition. Bans all around, at the very least dropped to bottom bracket, where they actually might be able to pull off some wins without cheating.
this^

HunterThompson64

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSB Lunaspike View Post
I can't accurately speak to him threatening or not. I am only providing information to people on why having more "evidence" is probably not going to happen. In the case of a simple dos though you don't need to go that deep. It's pretty easy to see if you know what you are looking for. If this were just a month ago though there should still be logs available. I keep them for 6 months, and most keep them longer. I still have some from years ago.

I agree with you for the most part though. Even if it was a simple dos attack finding the attacker wouldn't be that hard. I suppose unless there was some obvious connection between the two, proving he was responsible would be a challenge.

Personally if I were going to attack someone I wouldn't let them know about it ahead of time. That's the mark of either a) joke, or b) complete noob. Consider for a moment if you were about to launch an attack, would you warn them ahead of time?
It could have been a joke, but i dont think it was, with him going offline, thats going to be the most committed joke of all time. As for him being a complete noob, that could be exactly what it was. Perhaps its a client side trigger, that youd type in team chat, but he accidentally typed it in all chat.

As for logs, the only way i know of for one to get them, is for Robbert to contact his isp, and ask for the logs, granted hed probably need a subpeona.

pastafariany

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubel Engel View Post
I knows a Hexo, played with him a few times last game.
Seemed like a good guy to me, while he might be a ******, he just wants to play to win.
good thing you're so understanding if i see you i'll just ddos you because i play to win. you'll understand.