Hiring Experienced Game Designers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDuckling

Recruiter

03-18-2013

I want to work for roit it will be my dream come true

Arkaeas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

I would be interested in this position, not sure if i am qualified yet

hawtbabewithboob

03-18-2013

Roit. Gib me mony pls.

Yolo Yobbo

03-18-2013

Hey, Zileas
Is Riot hiring people in Australia in BI or Big Data departments?
Cheers.

CryztalShardzz

03-18-2013

Man I never thought I would say this but: I want to be an adult so I could work for Riot D; hopefully you guys are around by 2020

ShodaNs

03-18-2013

I hope you all hire real gamers and continue to enjoy success

Tigatok

03-18-2013

Hello Moderators, Game Designers and people of Riot,

I will do my best to keep this short and to the point!

Currently I am in Grade 12 and will be going into college next semester for BCIS (Bachelors of Computer Information Systems), which is basically a BCs degree it's just called something different. During my college stay there, I will be doing Co-Op work. This means I go to school for X amount of Terms and I actually get hands on work for X amount of terms.

I know that this will be at minimum a year away, however my major question was just wondering if the people at Riot would even consider having a Co-Op student. I am available for questions if there need be any.

I hope you get back to this!

Tigatok, Kato or Tyler

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Hello Rioters,

I am interested in joining Riot, but the position I'm searching for is unique. I want to combine my interest in gaming and teaching. Specifically, I want to help out the Dominion (can be extended to TT and Proving Grounds) team create tutorial videos after seeing how so many players in general have a narrow view of how that mode works.

Dominion is what I like best about LoL and I was very disappointed to see the mode not well supported after 1.5 years of its release. Feedski created the Dominate Dominion scene and that's what drew me in to help promote the mode as a player. I created a team (Beware Tall Grass) to join the competitive scene in Dominion for 23 weeks and managed to place 3rd and 4th place a few times with my ragtag bunch of crazy Dominion players. I'm no Sauron or Buwberry, but just an above average player who wants to step up my ability to promote the mode. I realize that even if I or the DD community create the tutorial videos (which new players have posted that they acknowledge they don't really understand the mode) it would only be viewed to a very small selection of players who frequent the Dominion forums. However, if Riot created a tutorial video then a lot more people would be exposed to it and perhaps would be more willing to try Dominion and stay.

Dominion-style is fresh and new in the MOBA scene, whereas SR and DotA style has been around for 10+ years. It has the potential to become its own e-sport since it has faster action (due to skipping laning phase), plenty of adaptability in gameplay, and it's exciting from when the gates open to when a nexus explodes.

Check out the awesome DD40 finals Game 2: http://www.twitch.tv/dominatedominion/c/1975438

As for my credentials, I received my Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts and Sciences with Chemistry as my major from UIUC and my Master of Education in Instructional Leadership with discipline in Chemistry from UIC. Currently, I'm tutoring and volunteering at a historical society working their store and occasionally being a docent.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-18-2013
49 of 53 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cless View Post
Hello Rioters,

I am interested in joining Riot, but the position I'm searching for is unique. I want to combine my interest in gaming and teaching. Specifically, I want to help out the Dominion (can be extended to TT and Proving Grounds) team create tutorial videos after seeing how so many players in general have a narrow view of how that mode works.

Dominion is what I like best about LoL and I was very disappointed to see the mode not well supported after 1.5 years of its release. Feedski created the Dominate Dominion scene and that's what drew me in to help promote the mode as a player. I created a team (Beware Tall Grass) to join the competitive scene in Dominion for 23 weeks and managed to place 3rd and 4th place a few times with my ragtag bunch of crazy Dominion players. I'm no Sauron or Buwberry, but just an above average player who wants to step up my ability to promote the mode. I realize that even if I or the DD community create the tutorial videos (which new players have posted that they acknowledge they don't really understand the mode) it would only be viewed to a very small selection of players who frequent the Dominion forums. However, if Riot created a tutorial video then a lot more people would be exposed to it and perhaps would be more willing to try Dominion and stay.

Dominion-style is fresh and new in the MOBA scene, whereas SR and DotA style has been around for 10+ years. It has the potential to become its own e-sport since it has faster action (due to skipping laning phase), plenty of adaptability in gameplay, and it's exciting from when the gates open to when a nexus explodes.

Check out the awesome DD40 finals Game 2: http://www.twitch.tv/dominatedominion/c/1975438

As for my credentials, I received my Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts and Sciences with Chemistry as my major from UIUC and my Master of Education in Instructional Leadership with discipline in Chemistry from UIC. Currently, I'm tutoring and volunteering at a historical society working their store and occasionally being a docent.
We are interested in things like onboarding and game support. The reqs are pretty high as that's an advanced role (turns out it's pretty hard!), but for the right person, there's a fit for something like this.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-18-2013
50 of 53 Riot Posts

Additionally, Zileas and I will both be at GDC next week. I'm extremely interested in finding a senior person (either quite experienced or Lead material) who would like to take on Live Balance. Many of the requirements for that role would be the same as Zileas' original post.

If you have the reqs and love working on a live game, come find me at the Riot booth - I'd be interested in talking.