So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
yeah, and that was a mistake to call her like that, it's just misleading
^

Her previous design had something karmatic: Inner flame, the more you hit her, the stronger she got, slapping back at you!

Now that Scarizard has said himself 'there is no longer anything karmatic about her' it's pretty misleading she's still called Karma.

This is NOT an answer to the 'omg are you saying zac should be called blobguy' argument - please tell me what page it brings you to guys!

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
Careful, names are chosen with great caution and sometimes more obvious than the other - you know, 'Brand'

Anyhow, I'd like to know what page it brings people to when F3'ing this thread and searching auxiliary so I can explain why we shouldn't take Karma's name lightly.
it doesn't bring me anywhere :\

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
b
P.S. maybe they just didn't want to change her theme to karma, but try to keep her as a spiritual leader
Yes but they also claim to want to make the character the most readable it can be - you see how it his heavily in conflict with eachother?

Josh de Tonreau

03-18-2013

No lol it's too late for a name
I like the name anyway
Either way names do not mark champion themes. Some do, like "syndra" or "nautilus"

Whyumai

03-18-2013

Quote:
Careful, names are chosen with great caution and sometimes more obvious than the other - you know, 'Brand'

Anyhow, I'd like to know what page it brings people to when F3'ing this thread and searching auxiliary so I can explain why we shouldn't take Karma's name lightly.
Nasus is Susan backwards. That's why he's called Nasus. It's a reference.

The name doesn't explain the champion. Sometimes it's a hint towards a characterist but it never defines the champion.

Lee Sin for example is a play on words for Listen since it's a blind champion. That really has nothing to do with his skillset though.

Veigar is a midget (/yordle) because the person he's named after is quite tall. Yet his name has nothing to do with his skillset.

Names do not define the champion.

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
it doesn't bring me anywhere :\
What about searching 'Olaf ItemsGuy' - that would do!

DemiluniS

03-18-2013

Quote:
^

Her previous design had something karmatic: Inner flame, the more you hit her, the stronger she got, slapping back at you!

Now that Scarizard has said himself 'there is no longer anything karmatic about her' it's pretty misleading she's still called Karma.

This is NOT an answer to the 'omg are you saying zac should be called blobguy' argument - please tell me what page it brings you to guys!
yeah, and this is the direct problem, there's nothing karmatic left about her but since the name tied to the character and she originally supposed to be a spiritual leader, they couldn't rename her so they just tied to the spiritual leader with the wrong name

BestBilbo

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
Nasus is Susan backwards. That's why he's called Nasus. It's a reference.

The name doesn't explain the champion. Sometimes it's a hint towards a characterist but it never defines the champion.

Lee Sin for example is a play on words for Listen since it's a blind champion. That really has nothing to do with his skillset though.

Veigar is a midget (/yordle) because the person he's named after is quite tall. Yet his name has nothing to do with his skillset.

Names do not define the champion.
There's a real specific reason Karma is called Karma otherwise she would have had a way more random name - way more abstract such as the Lee Sin example you explain, just got to find the post - bro, sadly my F3 key is broken, could you tell me what page it gets you to when you type 'olaf itemsguy' ?

EyceAether

03-18-2013

Instead of giving her the old passive back, give her Q a ratio that scales on a percentage of her maximum health.

For every 1% of her maximum health missing, she does 1% more damage to champions. BOOM!

Josh de Tonreau

03-18-2013

They're still feeling her out anyway so