So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChromeFalcon

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeAura View Post
Am I th eonly one that likes the old karma better?
Oh, you mean the Karma that no one ever uses? With a extremely low winratio?

Yes, you probably are. Stop being a hipster about it and embrace the new Karma.

Ser Varnell

03-18-2013

Veteran Karma here, I always get praise when i go karma but that is usually because i am usually saving someones ass BIG time or securing an otherwise impossible kill for an ally, and while I admit that the CC and defensive abilites for karma are still there, i am already REALLY missing her healing ability, it just felt so right and made me feel more like a unique "I got a spell for that" kinda mage makes me kinda sad but the Visual rework i feel makes up for it because that is also something karma has deserved for a VERY long time! thx for the champ attention and cheers.

Lohj

03-18-2013

I dunno who will read this, but I have issue with her passive, Gathering Flame. It seems too much like an ult passive they just wanted to drop outside of her ult so as to not make it 'too powerful'. I like Karma's current passive, but it can be a little op at times.

So, if Riot is taking in any considerations, here's my thing:
Give her a passive similar to the mechanic that Thresh uses. Whenever an enemy or ally dies, there is an a) percentile chance that a minion or small creep will drop a Karmic Sphere, or b) a guaranteed chance that a large creep, large minion, or champion will drop one. These Karmic Spheres give Karma increased HP and mana per sphere, and the spheres are collected like Thresh's souls are. In such a way, Karma will have a larger mana and HP pool to draw from, thereby allowing her to focus on more supporty/spellcastery (words?). Give the Gathering Flame passive to her ult, thereby making her passive more than just a glorified ability passive.

chumbler

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohj View Post
I dunno who will read this, but I have issue with her passive, Gathering Flame. It seems too much like an ult passive they just wanted to drop outside of her ult so as to not make it 'too powerful'. I like Karma's current passive, but it can be a little op at times.

So, if Riot is taking in any considerations, here's my thing:
Give her a passive similar to the mechanic that Thresh uses. Whenever an enemy or ally dies, there is an a) percentile chance that a minion or small creep will drop a Karmic Sphere, or b) a guaranteed chance that a large creep, large minion, or champion will drop one. These Karmic Spheres give Karma increased HP and mana per sphere, and the spheres are collected like Thresh's souls are. In such a way, Karma will have a larger mana and HP pool to draw from, thereby allowing her to focus on more supporty/spellcastery (words?). Give the Gathering Flame passive to her ult, thereby making her passive more than just a glorified ability passive.
Yes, let's just throw free stats at someone for no good reason just because we don't like their passive. That is clearly the correct path to good balance.

Originaljkz

03-18-2013

Sounds similar to Lux. Will probably work better as a mage then a support from the looks of it, doesn't look like she will be anymore desirable then she is right now though.

Christmas White

03-18-2013

PBE today?! I want to see what she's got!

Healurownbum

03-18-2013

I much rather see a passive that fits her Iron Will. Her passive makes he a agressive mage. I dont like it. Its a other thing pushing her to be agressive and not balanced.

Orleos

03-18-2013

I'm glad the issue of Karma's appearance is being addressed while also fixing some problems with her kit. From a 'lore perspective' I guess you could say, Karma never did seem to fit the part of 'Leader of a Nation' with her appearance and perhaps even her abilities.

She could 'inspire' while damaging enemies, shield her allies, etc etc, but in the whole 'controlling the spiritual bond of enemies and allies alike,' she couldn't truly stop the enemy from coming, and while I could argue that if she and her allies' spirits remained resolute, late in the battle, they could be a force to be reckoned with, it just didn't happen often enough.

To be honest I thought Soraka or Irelia was the leader of the Ionian Nation until I had read the actual backstory, and from what I've seen so far of the images, she is now definitely looking the part, but I am also glad to see that the 'Impractical Dress', will still be making a sort of comeback.

It makes me also wish that RIOT could include a joke/taunt in between Ionians about Karma in that regard. Lee Sin could see her *trololol* and could say something like, "Ripping off your dress seems a bit Impractical."

As for her abilities, they seem quite good from the description, but I need to wait and see on PBE to be sure.

Can't wait to see more!

Lohj

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Yes, let's just throw free stats at someone for no good reason just because we don't like their passive. That is clearly the correct path to good balance.
Okay, I can see what you mean. This would make her an op jungler, because she wouldn't need to buy any health items. All she would need to do would be to just farm and farm.
So, instead, give her something like, I dunno, a really Karmic passive. Like "The more damage you take, the speedier you get" or "The less HP you have the more arm/MR you get."
I dunno. Chumbler, thoughts?

Coldmanj

03-18-2013

im going to miss her heal. but going to love tethers new ability. To bad that aoe damage from empowered q couldnt give a heal to allies standing on it as well. Or maybe spreading out the heal effect from empowered tether to nearby allies for a reduced amount of the heal on yourself, or heal the nearest ally with the lowest health as well.
I was always a "fan" of karma being able to deal damage as well as heal her allies at the same time. It was quirky and unexpected giving you an added advantage especially while supporting your adc.

All in all I am liking the changes, will definitely be at the AMA to see if my other questions might get answered