So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talrynn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

my biggest issue other than her not needing a change is the complete removal of her fairly unique passive, that in my opinion made her incredibly amazing, into one that is already done and used multiple times over

FrozenMistninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-17-2013

If you want Riot To Keep the FANS that Karma holds as weapons, In some form or another, taunt, joke, recall, dance, revival then please keep posting. Riot doesnt understand that the FANS she holds are a symbol of all of the old Karma Players! Because we are The FANS. If you are in the cult of Karma DieHards, then lets get keep letting Riot know! Riot has a very nice history of helping us out when we let them know what we want! Keep the fans in some form Riot, we supported what many called an unfinished champion for 2 years, so please make this sacrifice for us and show us you support the minority of us as well!

Mj

03-17-2013

Is she going to get a ligher skin tone on one of her skin? :S

Manslapper

03-17-2013

This is likely just to be skimmed over and ignored, but every little voice counts I suppose.

I love Karma, but I'll admit that she lacked distinction and direction. There's a reason some players have never heard of her before. She needed this revamp for multiple reasons. But this new kit is lacking a certain something. Something crucial to any Karma's gameplay: Healing. One of the best things about Karma was the fact that you could heal your entire team with one wave...in very rare circumstances. That, along with her passive, made her unique. Combined with her passive, she could heal more the more hurt she was. She was the single most unique support champion, in my opinion.

So yes, as far as the aesthetic makeover goes, she really needed it. Her new kit, as it stands, lacks her unique supporting ability. I'd suggest lumping this new passive in with her Mantra ult itself and letting her keep her old Inner Flame passive, as well as letting her Q heal in some way. As one of the very few healing support champions in LoL, I beg you guys to reconsider this.

The Roonage

03-17-2013

why are all these people suggesting full kit reworks when she's barely hit PBE. i personally think the new kit looks great

Dokilar

03-17-2013

its good to see that they didnt go the "over sexualized" route and make her hooters look like watermelons

nexus9

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingbird View Post
It would be cool if Karma's tether rooted targets who broke the line when she used mantra. That way when Karma used mantra, and her tether was healing, enemies would need to decide between run and get rooted, or stay and let karma heal. Also, the current root would still exist without mantra, thus she could decided between two types of rooting. I feel that would make the move much more "karma-ish".
I really like this idea, Roit should seriously consider this.
Before every champion rework, they should always create a thread asking for opinion first. I don't think Roit do that for Karma.
I do NOT think Karma need a completely rework.

For her Hard CC, here are more example of working with existing skill set:

Spirit Bond + Soul Shield combo: within Soul Shield (with mantra charge) blast radius, the enemy champion who is linked directly by spirit bond (with or without mantra charge), is rooted.

Spirit Bond + Heavenly Wave combo: similar to above, BUT it require player to spend at least ONE mantra on either Spirit Bond or Heavenly Wave in order to stun the linked enemy champion.

For example:
Mantra charged Spirit Bond + Heavenly Wave
Spirit Bond + Mantra charged Heavenly Wave
Or Mantra charged Spirit Bond + Mantra charged Heavenly Wave = Enemy champion rooted

I'm hoping Roit keep her originality with a little twist, she's totally viable as the way she is.

Black OpaD

03-18-2013

@Morello
If you ever respond to this post, please answer my question as I wont be available for the Karma AMA.
Karma's new kit looks to be more mid lane AP carry focused. Was she originally designed for this?

Not sure if this has been asked before but I'm to lazy to go through all 400 pages to check?

JuGao

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Quite frankly, having a kit that encourages you to be a low health to be more effective is both counter intuitive and troll-ish.

There are a few cases where it has worked (Olaf/Tryn) but only because of how limited they are by their melee nature. A ranged caster (a squishy concept) isn't the right place for that kind of mechanic. I appreciate how much you care, but that's not a great expenditure of our design and player-education dollars.
I actually thought it worked quite well. If you build her into a mana-tank build she'll have around 400 ap with rod of ages and archangel and be VERY tanky. this (and her 2 shields) enables her to be at the forefront of the teamfight and soak up damage, allowing her to safely build up her passive.

R1ceMuncher

03-18-2013

I can see Karma's traditional skin becoming a status symbol of 'Karma before she was cool'