Help me Improve~

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-20-2010
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Feel free to post any constructive criticisms here, but I want to ask about a specific topic:

I don't like having to pause the video constantly (as with the "how to juke Yi using the brush) to explain a very short situation, because it looks a little janky and isn't really very sexy.

Sometimes it's cool, like the pauses for aiming skill-shots with the Anivia video or when ulting Akali near the end, and I think it's even permissible with the skill demos so I can focus on what the particles look like, though I'd like to find a slightly better solution there if possible. Probably taking the time to farm 40% CDR and tanking it up with Frozen Heart, Soul Shroud, and 4 Warmogs would work.

What would be a better way to put a lot of information in a short clip?

Liquidone

10-20-2010

This is going to get trolled all to hell....

Extremexeon

10-20-2010

By imforming the masses that 5x malady is the way to go.

Shealth

10-20-2010

Slowmo / rewinding and replaying.

EDIT:

For instance, with your juking example, play it through one time while talking about it, then slow-mo it, then finally replay it again.

On the other hand you could do a Madden type of thing and pause it, draw arrows and Xs on the screen to show your point, then play it to see how it looks.

j2QJjm9Q07WRRBRT

10-20-2010

You said you want to be specific about the topic, and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Help you improve on what..?

EveryTimeV

10-20-2010

I think the spotlights are fine.

Although, I don't like people sheeping your item builds all the time, because they don't know any better.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I actually didn't mind the pauses. I thought it was a great tip that deserved to be in the spotlight, though not quite specific to Lux. Perhaps this type of information can be created in a general tips and tricks video, or as I might call it a "Champions Spotlight." Pretty cool name huh?

Lord Mathrotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I suppose it depends on what kind of information you want to put?

Like owninoobs said, be more specific?

Puckthepwner

10-20-2010

Get the voice actor who does Zilean to do it.

The pauses and replaying won't seem silly.

Coronach

Game Designer

10-20-2010
2 of 5 Riot Posts

For a second, I was going to suggest we 1v1 so you can learn through your defeats, but then I realized this thread is about the spotlights.

12345 ... 9