So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaitoe

03-17-2013

This new mage looks like she could be fun. I won't deny that. And it's even possible she'll be more useful and powerful than Karma was. The visuals are great and the splash art is as fantastic as ever. If this were truly a brand new champion, I'd be pretty excited for her.

But the problem is: there's nothing of Karma left except a name and a face. What made Karma versatile and interesting and fun is all gone now. What made Karma Karma, as everyone keeps referring to, is gone. Part of what made Karma Karma was how obscure she was, how hard, how unique, and how "niche" she was. But now that's gone, and we have another "generic" support-mage. Another, possibly-fun support-mage, but another support-mage all the same. I'd prefer this champion was renamed and Karma given an Urf-like eulogy, if it was so important that everything that was Karma about Karma was removed from the game. But maybe that's just me.

Is it possible that Riot could declassify, so to speak, the code for the old Karma and make it possible to still play her in custom games, if all the other players had downloaded her files?

DemiluniS

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherazul View Post
If your looking for a root and a team defensive ability go get Maokai. The truly great supports are the ones who have lane heal abilities for partners and late game group heals (Janna, Soraka, and Sona)
nunu used to be by far the best support for adcs leona is a great agressive support, lulu is amazing, zyra, blitz, all the supports currently amazing just fills different roles

Healurownbum

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
That's what the word "REWORK" means. They are rebuilding her. From the ground up. This isn't just a patch or an artwork update, it's a REWORK because, as much as I love her, old Karma is unplayable. Your team HAS to know how she works for her to be any good, and she needs lots of gold to really get going. She's a bad support but a good burst mage who ends up taking a pseudo-support role late game with her shield and heals.

This new Karma is going to be more of a traditional Mage/Support mix, like Morgana, Lux, Zyra, etc. She's going to have decent damaging skills with lots of CC or buffs, and retains her teamfight presence through fair scalings and unique perks, in this case her Mantra which turns her already potent spells into absolute bombs.
By that defintion shouldnt every champion thats had a rework be compleetly differnt? Yes then. Why wasnt it for them like that then?

DemiluniS

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitoe View Post
This new mage looks like she could be fun. I won't deny that. And it's even possible she'll be more useful and powerful than Karma was. The visuals are great and the splash art is as fantastic as ever. If this were truly a brand new champion, I'd be pretty excited for her.

But the problem is: there's nothing of Karma left except a name and a face. What made Karma versatile and interesting and fun is all gone now. What made Karma Karma, as everyone keeps referring to, is gone. Part of what made Karma Karma was how obscure she was, how hard, how unique, and how "niche" she was. But now that's gone, and we have another "generic" support-mage. Another, possibly-fun support-mage, but another support-mage all the same. I'd prefer this champion was renamed and Karma given an Urf-like eulogy, if it was so important that everything that was Karma about Karma was removed from the game. But maybe that's just me.

Is it possible that Riot could declassify, so to speak, the code for the old Karma and make it possible to still play her in custom games, if all the other players had downloaded her files?
verstile? lol

DemiluniS

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
By that defintion shouldnt every champion thats had a rework be compleetly differnt? Yes then. Why wasnt it for them like that then?
omg I don't wanna say this but most of the "karma fans" here are just dumb! the only things they taking away from her is her stupid passive and aoe heal and replacing it with an aoe shield. she still can aoe slow,shield allies, speed up allies, she got her mantra. on top of that she recieving a root and an aoe shield as a replacement to her heal! stop ****ing crying

TheEnygma

03-17-2013

Quote:

right cause Karma's playstyle is TOTALLY like every single mage in the game

The5lacker

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
She's NOT COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. She still works around Mantra. She has her burst shield. She has speed boosts. She has a damaging tether. She's a Mage/Support.

Karma is changed. This is a good thing.

Kaitoe

03-17-2013

I get it. This post is going on 400 pages long of fans complaining about the changes. What sympathy they had before has been burned out. You new Karma supporters are "right" by default, at this point. Congrats. May you be blessed with the opportunity to say "first" on some future post, as is the highest goal of your life. Peace out.

Ginrai Enerjak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
I literally said that wasn't the point.

Please quote my whole quote. Don't chunk it up.
When you said "Neither does Wukong", that came across to me as saying: "Other champs do that, so it's fine that way". You continued in your post to suggest that even when it is active, that her passive was not a real passive, which was your own argument. The comments about Jayce and Elise didn't seem to help prove your point about her not having a passive, but the comparison to these similar champions gave me a good example to contrast Karma's passive in the absence of enemies against.

-Ginrai Enerjak

Featherfox

03-17-2013

Quote:
I get it. This post is going on 400 pages long of fans complaining about the changes. What sympathy they had before has been burned out. You new Karma supporters are "right" by default, at this point. Congrats. May you be blessed with the opportunity to say "first" on some future post, as is the highest goal of your life. Peace out.
I've put forth a question to the community about why Karma should "not" receive her rework. I'm waiting for a reply.

Not all Karma fans are raging against the changes.

- Featherfox