Journey Into The Freljord I: The Avarosan

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kitae

Lead Designer

03-16-2013
10 of 10 Riot Posts

Glad so many people enjoyed this. We are listening and we want to bring you guys more lore!

Super Explosion

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Glad so many people enjoyed this. We are listening and we want to bring you guys more lore!
Fastah Kitae, fastah!

There's a reason your item scales with attack speed and this is it!

Enable that multi-vectored synergy of precision quality lore samples weaving a tapestry of interest.

Zerglinator

03-16-2013

Quote:
<3

Freon160

03-16-2013

In the words of Jesse Cox

ALL the lore!! ALL OF IT.

Ecclessian

03-16-2013

Quote:
I'd like to put in a request for you guys to follow up on Riven's story. How has she changed/grown since joining the league? Does she plot to seek revenge on Singed? Is she to be accepted by the New Noxus, considering Darius seeks to restore the city to how it once was, just like Riven? Or is she to be shunned as a traitor?

I have many questions but no answers! ;_;

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Quote:
Please do! I always liked it when there was more lore stuff. Keep it coming!

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Quote:
billion dollar budget feature length film WHERe

Bregan

03-16-2013

Quote:
how about bringing us lore that makes sense? you know, like reasons for a champ to want to be used as a puppet to fight for other people's political squabbles. like hecarim or karthus. the outcome of a match between any of the represented city-states has no affect on them whatsoever. why volunteer to play at combat? where does somebody like hecarim stay between matches? or nautilus? or rengar/khazix?

the league made more sense when the league was a game and summoners simply borrowed people (or copies of people) from other realms. that way their strange looks, personal backstories, and amazing abilities MADE SENSE.

yes you can have great lore with all of these human(humanoid) city-states and their political squabbles and such, but a great deal of other characters simply dont FIT. and when you try to MAKE them fit, it feels forced and dramatically out of place.

i mean yes, great job with zac's delivery, this new way of delivering more background lore than just the character bio is nice. im not sure where this story is going, except that i hear its about lissandra. i just hope that this doesnt falter the same way league judgements did. but over all what im saying is even though this is all well and good, and bringing more lore is great and all, some of the old lore sucks and could use a fixing.

The MechE

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
If Quinn is traveling in the Freljord, that means less time spent with Prince Jarvan...

Also, don't call it a comeback. Lore's been here for years.
Lies and deceit on the second part...

Great job with this new lore tool though!

GalactusMultiV

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
how about bringing us lore that makes sense? you know, like reasons for a champ to want to be used as a puppet to fight for other people's political squabbles. like hecarim or karthus. the outcome of a match between any of the represented city-states has no affect on them whatsoever. why volunteer to play at combat? where does somebody like hecarim stay between matches? or nautilus? or rengar/khazix?

the league made more sense when the league was a game and summoners simply borrowed people (or copies of people) from other realms. that way their strange looks, personal backstories, and amazing abilities MADE SENSE.

yes you can have great lore with all of these human(humanoid) city-states and their political squabbles and such, but a great deal of other characters simply dont FIT. and when you try to MAKE them fit, it feels forced and dramatically out of place.
It says that Hecarim came on behalf of the Shadow Isles, and that is why he is there. And Kha Zix/Rengar are running around in the jungle.