Big things happening in Freljord.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swippinfrafes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

So, I'm sure my fellow lore-philes have noticed both this thread about Quinn making a venture to Freljord, and the new reveal on PBE for the Howling Abyss, a new map for ARAM. I was looking for goodies in the screenshots of Howling Abyss, and noticed something really cool that may hint to the history of Freljord. We know that the Howling Abyss is"an ancient landmark in Freljord where the Iceborn finally overthrew their oppressors and sent them tumbling into the chasm below."

In screenshot one, you can see a ghostly warrior (probably serves as a shopkeeper).
In screenshot two, there is a mural on the ground of a warrior standing in the shadow of a much larger figure.

The two share a similar profile (horned helm, possible cape/cloak?), and are probably the same person. So the question remains...who is this mysterious ghost warrior? Was he a hero of the war, a common soldier, or even a bad guy?

OH GOD LEAGUE LORE IS COMING BACK AND IT'S SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD~

I just had a loregasm. How about you?

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

03-16-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Big things indeed--very interesting observations, too...

Dragon of Toran

03-16-2013

I like how there are distinct differences between the two sides. The turrets are different, and if my eyes don't deceive, me the shopkeepers are different. THIS WILL BE EPIC!!!!

N.B. with a red here I have to ask: are these GD posts how most of the new lore will come out, or is there a new super secret lore dispersal device that we have yet to see?

Asif25

03-16-2013

purple side fountain laser is epic. Played my first game 12 to 13 hours ago on this map.

Swippinfrafes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Big things indeed--very interesting observations, too...
WHOAMAHGERD Runaan post! Thisisthebestdayever. If you're still lurking, do you think you could comment on my other thread on Karma's new lore?

Helmight

03-16-2013

I have to say that all of this focus on Freljord also pretty much GUARANTEES us that Lissandra is releasing as the next champion after Zac. So excited

Arezslan

03-16-2013

Oh I remember him alright, he's a Freljord Hero... In their tongue, he's Dovahkiin... Dragonborn! *orchestra starts playing*

Melancholy Exile

03-16-2013

Seeing as we managed to get a red post in here, I'm rather curious to see if I can get a question answered:

We hadn't seen Ashe's tribe referred to as Avarosans before the start of the month. Was there any particular reason you decided to take this approach (Putting her ancestor in the foreground) and will you be doing the same for The Winter's Claw?

Cerubois

03-16-2013

If you take a look at the left-most giant statue holding the flame in the second picture, it's quite similar to the large white figure in the mural.

The purple turrets also resemble the darker purple figure in the mural. It looks rather humanoid.

My best guess is that the large figure is meant to symbolize the "oppressors", while the warrior is meant to symbolize the Iceborn. Now, does the darker figure represent a defense/fortification of the oppressors, or a hero of the Iceborn...? Hmm...

Zerglinator

04-03-2013

Well...I think I can safely say what that large figure in the mural is...