So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stitchz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Q: Inner Flame Skillshot that deals magic damage and slows enemies in an area.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Soulflare Increases damage and leaves behind a zone that slows and, after a brief delay, explodes for AoE damage.

W: Focused Resolve Enemy-targeted tether that deals damage over time. If the tether is unbroken after a short duration, the tethered target is rooted in place.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Renewal Deals bonus damage and heals Karma for the duration of the tether.

E: Inspire Shields an ally and grants them a short speed boost.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Defiance Enemies near the shielded ally are damaged while nearby allies are shielded and granted a short speed boost.
Q = Lux
W = Leblanc
E = Karma

Thats the way i read it... doesn't seem very creative.

Sh00t3rman

03-15-2013

Too true. Ok you win.

Quote:
Old Karma had issues. What were they?
No matter how hard you were carrying with Karma, your teammates had to be just as good with her for you to be super effective.

AlexDnD2

03-15-2013

Time to sexy up a boring model. If it ain't showing skin you ain't gettin the green.

Appull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35636663

please read this and criticize. I really think this is something to be discussed.

Lwnt

03-15-2013

No karma AOE heal is gone, sad day. I wish the skill reneweal (mantra part) skill went like this: Deals bonus damage and heals Karma for the duration of the tether and any allies that passes through the tether will get healed for half (doesnt have to be a 1/2 it can be 1/3 or 1/4 or even 1/5) the amount that karma is healed. Plz bring back her AOE heal.

Riot wouldnt that be kind of cool to add that? It keeps her original gameplay of getting things to touch her teather.

If it is a stupid idea fine whatever

QWERTYSTOP

03-15-2013

Here's how I see it - from the perspective of one who does not cliam to be pro, but has had and played Karma for a while.

Passive: Fine, you don't want to just give free stats. So give her something like Irelia's keyed off of allies instead of enemies, or an ally-aura that lasts 10 seconds after the last time you hit an enemy, or something else that fits the idea.

So, she loses her heal, and the closest she gets to replacing it is a Mantra that gives Fid's Drain to her Spirit Bond. The %missing heal was a big thing, at least for me, just as far as how it kept everyone at a safe level but doesn't really top people off as well. If you wanted to nerf it so much, just lower the base and increase the percent, or move around the AP ratio so it's more on the percent and less on the base - there, no longer really usable for inlane sustain, only gives big healing when you're close enough to dead that you really need it.

The new Q is not really the same... at first glance, without numbers, it seems (when Mantra'd) like an Anivia Q that determines its explosion point from where it hits someone first.

Her bond now loses its on-crossing effect, which was another unique thing, replacing it with hard CC. Does damage to the person you use it on, though... that's good. Maybe replace the uniqueness of on-crossing with making the bind happen when it doesn't break, but speedboost Karma if it does? You could even animate it as the bind whiplashing back into speed-lines.

Her shield is, amazingly, the least changed... seems like you just threw the speedboost from the bond on it to say she still has it, except now she needs a Mantra. It's really the only one that feels similar enough to get a real comparison to its original state, and it feels like a buff unless the numbers are low.

Mantra, though... one charge only? Gets rid of her big ability to use one for waveclear or healing and keep one in reserve. Also, all of it seems to be damage-boosters, as opposed to before where Q was offense, but with Mantra its defense; E was defense, but with Mantra it's offense. Keeps the whole balance theme better than any of the other Ionians, IMO, with second being far behind as Irelia's slow/stun.

Outfit... plenty has been said about that, both in terms of broken-bones and the fact that what was a shining example of not just making everything sexy "just because" has now been shifted away from that.

So yeah, I agree wit many others: Good ideas, but don't call them Karma.

xoxGemeyexox

03-15-2013

[QUOTE=Maeyu;35625011
--- Q is a poke... Ummm.... Can't really judge until ratios come out and range.. but I'm fairly certain that her old Q prob trumps that **** out of that... slight delay = 1 sec. so that slow is not saving anyone.
[/QUOTE]

I imagine the skill shot will have a better range than what the old Q had...

Veelivar

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniKuma View Post
So Her passive lowers the cooldown of mantra right? And Mantra is her ult? So her passive is absolutely useless until level six? Is that right or am I missing something here?

Herr Mantra is usable at level 1, but it can also be leveled at 6, 11 and 16.

Krufix

03-15-2013

Any vague numbers on the cooldown of mantra yet? Before her passive taken into account I mean.

Does her passive mean that CDR will be godly on her, like other people who can lower cooldowns on hit like Xin and Ezreal?

-------

Must say I'm not liking the loss of her old passive.

Quote:
We also liked how Karma could turn the tables on her opponents with abilities that provided defensive bonuses and had hidden offensive power.
You even said you liked it, why did it get cut?
It could have been moved to one of her other skills like how Tryndamere's bonus AD when on low life is linked to his Q.
That's what usually happens with reworks (Xin's cooldown refresh was moved from his W to his Q for example, Kat's healing reduction was moved from her W-Q to her ult).

Drag0nMag1c

03-15-2013

Looks great and i cant wait to mess around with her new pack
KARMA IS A BOSSSSSSSS