So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nidoking

03-15-2013

is the first post or second her origional skin?

Tayarayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Hate to be a naysayer, but "DO NOT LIKE" I loved the old Karma. Granted she needed some work. Her look and feel were fine to me. Now you have changed her look, her feel, her abilities and animations... You should have just made a new fricken champ altogether... Her original look and her fan ability had a look and feel to it. To me it made sense. Now the theme and feel are off and her fans and old skins do not make sense ( for old Karma).

Now she has a magic blast and a tether that we cannot apply to team mates? Wtf?!?!? You know how many lives I have saved with that tether? You know how many kills I helped secure with that tether? And the AoE heal? Wtf!! For once you have royally ****ed up one of my favorites champs...

Make a new champ and keep the old Karma... Or give the option to use old karma vs. new sucky, trendy karma...

I am disappoint.

Mihlo

03-15-2013

I like what I see, I really like what I see.

Though I do have to agree with the passive, Inner Flame made Karma deadlier the lower health she got, this made her a force to be reckoned with in lane should you not 100 - 0 her (making her effective against pokers), it also makes Karma the best baiting champion in the game, having people overcommit to killing Karma and having the tables turn on them is just hilarious.

Seeing it replaced by the generic "AA or Ability reduces CD by X seconds".... don't get me wrong, I like this, it can stay, but why not try rolling it as a passive into Mantra and bring back Inner Flame?

Something to try on the PBE before release maybe?

EDIT: Read the other thread, guess Inner Flame is gone for good. Onwards we go.

Appull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

I love that riot is trying to do something for players who want to be able to play a Karma like champ. I mean I love the new champ in this thread. It looks like a good kit, but it's not Karma. The have two different playstyles, two different lores, and should have two different names. I mean I'm all for a Karma that non-Karma players can play. But there is no reason to trash a champion that is as unique or loved as the current Karma. I mean if riot said tomorrow they are changing Darius who would be upset? The people who use him cause he's op. How about Ez, yea people would be upset but he wouldn't get 10000+ forum posts like karma already has. Karma has a following that loves her because there is no other champ like her, so why make her like every other champ in the game?

FrozenMistninja

03-15-2013

This is gonna hurt
I Hope you brought some medication
I'm seething with calmness
How dare you interrupt my meditation
Im Self Sustaining my inner flame burns bright
They call me Karma because I control your quality of life
Think no one plays me?
My popularity has no equal
I got the most fans in the whole league and they're all lethal
So bring your whole clan and your family and we'll brawl people
I kill Noxians from a sound sleep cause' they're all feeble
It may be harsh, but we're past negotiation
I was prepared to tolerate everything short of a full invasion
Killed most of my village and I'm here to balance the equation
Not a Natural warrior but you forced me to defend my nation
And on occasion I might even enjoy it a bit
cause no matter what you do we'll always have our spirit
My strength lies in my brethren and I'm happy to lead'em
Cause you can take our lives, but you can never take our freedom
Not here to weather the storms I'm here to calm them
And if your team's around you should alarm them
Our victory is assured I got a plan
I'm farmed up and it's about to hit the fan
My power's a secret, quiet agent of aggression
You can call me Bond, Spirit Bond 007
I can play multiple lanes so I use my discretion
but no matter where I end up you end up in depression
cause you can try to kill me, but failure is assured
the more health I lose, the more my shield endures
and if you try to dive me, well I'll just wave politely
Use a mantra charge, and live everytime while your death is likely
That was embarassing, I bet your team reports you
It looked pretty intentional, it was so easy to thwart you
I know you rarely see me but you could look me up
You play like you've got the brain capacity of a dixie cup
I'm so enlightened I'm pretty sure I flouresce
You need to borrow some gold? Seems I have an excess
Now that I'm fed there's absolutely no stress
I can't believe how easy it was to destroy you in this ridiculous dress
Not here to weather the storms I'm here to calm them
And if your team's around you should alarm them
Our victory is assured I got a plan
I'm farmed up and it's about to hit the fan

If you want riot To Keep the FANS! In some form or another, taunt, joke, recall, dance, revival then please keep posting. Riot doesnt understand that the FANS she holds are a symbol of all of the old Karma Players! Because we are The FANS. If you know the song lyrics by badministrator called hit the fan posted above, then you are in the cult of Karma DieHards! Keep the fans in some form Riot, we supported what many called an unfinished champion for 2 years, so please make this sacrifice for us and show us you support the minority of us as well!

Ansaa

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelivar View Post
I love this post. After having to swallow all the "Karma is the leader of Ionia, and leading her people into battle" explanation, while having *every* other part of who she was ignored, her new kit confuses me.

They don't match up. Her new kit is, in a word, selfish.

Iunno. I didn't agree with where they were taking her and her lore, but I would have liked it to have all matched up at the very least. It feels sloppy.
She should feel inspiring, surging forwards, and stand out. Someone to notice, and follow in battle. Instead, she looks like just every other mage, to the point where people are easily assigning her skills champ names. LB chains. Lux E.
AOE Shield.

Karma puts her leash on someone, healing herself as they charge into battle, right before the first attack is struck Karma casts Defiance and the whole team is shielded, the enemy is rooted, and they go to town.

Veelivar

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
AOE Shield.

Karma puts her leash on someone, healing herself as they charge into battle, right before the first attack is struck Karma casts Defiance and the whole team is shielded, the enemy is rooted, and they go to town.

Great. We're up to one part about her entire kit that isn't a self-centred skill.
Passive, plus ult, plus two parts to every one of the other three skills. So, 1/8th. One-EIGHTH of her new kit fits what they stated they wanted her to be.

One of the reasons they gave us for changing all of her was because she wasn't cohesive, or readable enough to players.
How is she now?

I mean, if the new Karma was supposed to be a cocky I'll-take-them-on-single-handed! kind of lady, it'd fit. Hell, even her AoE shield would fit into it along the lines of "Do I have to do everything for you guys, too?!"
But as someone who is supposed to be a conflicted leader, paragon, and walking battle standard? Nope.

AWildKuei

03-15-2013

Analysis of Fan vs. No Fan Chest-pounding
I saw Karma as unique with her fans because no one else in league used fans but I don't see that much of an essence in them inherent to the champion besides the fact that they were iconic to her cone group heal, which was taken away anyway. Though at the same time Riot's symbolic analysis of whether a fan was a mage thing or a support thing doesn't carry a lot of weight...
I felt like that argument was just a matter of "I like/don't like fans".
Meh. Alright. Whatever.

Thoughts on change
What I really wanted to express though was my slight sadness over the loss of her inner flame passive.
The fact that she could get ~170 AP at low health made her one of those "deceptive champions" that one must always be cautious of. Spiritually like AP Mage-laf with a Deathcap passive .

In my opinion, the changes took some of that inherent "be careful against her because you can never accurately predict her damage unless you were a walking calculating mathematician" part out. That whole "versus the unknown" part was the thing I feared going against Karma on top of general lack of previous battle experiences vs her.

So, she doesn't doesn't seem so nasty anymore ^_^, which I'm fine with, since being blood-thirsty really wasn't her kind of personality. That's Dunk-master-darius-who-should-get-a-basket-ball-dunker-skin-and-a-second-nerf.

Everything else, being more mage-like, was greatly appreciated! Since mages are always satisfying to play.

Conclusion
I'm very excited to see her out and enthusiastic about learning her, though a little sad Inner Flame is gone!
I appreciate the gong-ho, Riot! I never expected to see Karma reworked before I outgrow League! <3 Can't wait!

Eagle sage 5

03-15-2013

cant wait to see what exactly is reworked about her skill wise

Riyshn

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I'm reading every post in this thread/compiling a list of recurring issues and starting to type my responses (to some of the higher level stuff like WTF PASSIVE and if she's still a support etc)
How do you respond to the observation that her new passive could be copied word for word into Mantra, and nothing would change? If feels like Jayce all over again where you're almost going out of your way to avoid giving the character an actual passive. (Jayce is the same, where his passive could simply be added into his ult and absolutely nothing would change.)