So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siigari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

All I'm seeing from red posts in this thread is:

"We think"
"Our internal testing"
"We think"
"Our initial findings"
"We think"

Do you just not care to listen to players?

Appull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

anyone else notice that skin is just irelia with karma clothes? Don't get me wrong I like all ionians having that floating thing behind them to connect them, but if you're gonna tear our champ up can you do something original? She went from being most original champ in the game to the least woot.

skarner passive, w= leblanc e, still unique r(but now super nerfed, and you don't start with it), q sounds like lulu q but with an explosion(sounds like a movie sequel), and e is just kayle heal as shield.
and guess what all the mantra's do, more dmg. Wonder what i'm gonna use my ult on. (zero thought involved now)

Shaneos

03-15-2013

Seems similar to how leblanc works

QWERTYSTOP

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinta Calvert View Post
A real pas-... Ryze would like to have a word with you.
Ryze's passive affects all his skills. Karma's new passive affects only one skill.

Mihlo

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattarias View Post
Now wouldn't THAT be terrifying?

"Ah ilasa teravi!"
"KA-THUNK!"
"Wh- what was that?"
"KA-THUNK, KA-THUNK, KA-THUNK!"
"OH GODS RUN! THE TOWER IS DIVING US! THE TOWER IS DIVING US!"
In soviet russia....

icedragon8806

03-15-2013

@Scarizard

With the way Mantra works now and it only being one charge and stuff I have a question that you might not be able to answer just yet with 100% confidence that's what it will be when it goes live but I want to ask anyway.

What's the cooldown on Mantra look like (Less than 10 10-20 20-30 secs?)?

And if its on the longer end, Any chance it can work like Rengar's ferocity abilities where he gets a special kind of skills that don't share cooldowns with his other skills?

Special Wink

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
Is the new kit envisioned to be support or ap?
If you read it properly, they said that she is both ad can do both.

Special Wink

03-15-2013

I am just so sad that they removed her other passive which to me makes more sense for Karma and that is for her to deal more AP the lower HP that she had. But on the other hand, the new skills are amazing!

Appull

03-15-2013

I wonder how many pages of this riot has actually read total, 6? if we're lucky. And how many negative comments have they responded too? 0

Man, I'm truly inspired by this. They are targeting a very specific group of LoL lovers and making them want to quit.

First change: "Oh hey, now we're Dota" (shop, HUD, and even settings options) and we only added the bad stuff
Second change: "By the way, new league system, it's shinny now and you have this hidden elo that can make you play with gold ranked players while you're real elo says you're silver making it impossible to actually rank up without a duo partner"(just as bad if not worse than before)
Third change: "we're gonna take our most unique and team oriented champ with the most passionate fan base in the game, and delete. But we'll keep the name so we can just call it a 'rework'"

Gotta love riot, "oh you're bad at this champ but some people are amazing with her, here let us nerf her and make her simple and easy"

I'm just waiting to see their casting to stop be all chummy and cool. They are turning into a company that doesn't care. They want that number of people who join, pay money on champs to catch up with people who played forever, and then to quit. They need to stop this and stay the Riot we all love, who talks to its players and makes decisions off of clear thought process and discussion. Not this "we think" and "internal testing" just ask real(<--keyword) karma players. I like the joking around during the streams, if they were serious and acted super professional during the casts I wouldn't watch them. This isn't football this is LoL, look at your freaking initials. This game is meant for fun. LET IT BE FUN AGAIN

Veelivar

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crai Crushna View Post
Hello Morello and other reds, I have a question about design and lore now that you have allowed us (the player) to see her kit. How is she supposed to be a Leader of Ionia if she can not heal her allies? Why does her passive, her new Q, R, and W only affect her? If she is supposed to be a Leader for her people that others would follow into battle then why take out her heal? I feel like the current Karma is actually a better representation of what you want her to be (lore wise).

I love this post. After having to swallow all the "Karma is the leader of Ionia, and leading her people into battle" explanation, while having *every* other part of who she was ignored, her new kit confuses me.

They don't match up. Her new kit is, in a word, selfish.

Iunno. I didn't agree with where they were taking her and her lore, but I would have liked it to have all matched up at the very least. It feels sloppy.
She should feel inspiring, surging forwards, and stand out. Someone to notice, and follow in battle. Instead, she looks like just every other mage, to the point where people are easily assigning her skills champ names. LB chains. Lux E.