So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnoam

03-15-2013

While I have a soft spot in my heart for Karma as she currently is, I have to say, the Traditional Skin for the rework is pretty amazing. Kind of sad she loses the most bad-ass dress LoL has ever had, yes, even better than Sonas, but it's still a major overhaul and well worth it.

Do have a question pertaining to her new kit, will her Focused Resolve deal damage to JUST the person you apply it to? Instead of those who walk through it like Spirit Bond is currently? Because, if so, THANK GOD. I hated that I had to lose out on damage because it only applied it to people who walked through it.

Can't wait for this to go live. HURRY UP!

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

will her ulti not have a cooldown on how long you can use a skill before you waste a mantra? i found it was really annoying waiting for my adc to walk into shield damage range, and then the mantra wastes before I can shield.

Best Karma Ionia

03-15-2013

I am so excited. I was really scared they'd try to force her into the support role since that was her original 'intention' to be. BUT NOW SHE CAN BE A MID . I am really sad she has no heal to save allies now but. Oh well. I can heal me, YOU FIRE A FRIKKIN LASER that melts faces. I am. Words. No words.

Timeless Yyr

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
I think those saying that she was fine don't really mean it and are saying it as a knee-jerk reaction because this remake is just simply wrong. Rather than fixing her current problems Riot is just simply changing her and everyone is saying anything they can to get them to not go through with this change that will change the champs playstyle, a playstyle that a lot of people very much like.
You can still speed allies.
You can still shield minions to do aoe damage in laning.
You can still bait under turret with the heal/root + shield + slow.
You still have mantra at level 1.
I understand people can have different opinions, but saying she's a completely different champion who plays in a completely different way it's like saying that Xin is another champion cause they moved his heal from one place to another.

Duckõsaurus

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Her AA range is 525 at the moment. Not gonna give homegirl incentives to aggressively AA and keep her at the old numbers! Take Inspire and level 1 and enjoy just training people with her super awesome auto attack!
I assume by this you will be editing her base stats? i.e. lower starting/health per level or lower AS. something along these lines?

FlyinLettuceBr0s

03-15-2013

her kit now seems very cool, happy they didn't alter it so much that it seems totally different. but i do have a serious problem with her passive, why did they get rid of her old one? they really should have left her passive the same and made this new passive a part of her ult, and now only one can be used.

Duckõsaurus

03-15-2013

Since she is now the leader of Ionia, will she have hidden passives with such champions as Irelia. i.e. +1 starting health. Any sort of hidden passive would be extremely welcome in my eyes imo all champs should have them where appropriate.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Yyr View Post
You can still speed allies.
You can still shield minions to do aoe damage in laning.
You can still bait under turret with the heal/root + shield + slow.
You still have mantra at level 1.
I understand people can have different opinions, but saying she's a completely different champion who plays in a completely different way it's like saying that Xin is another champion cause they moved his heal from one place to another.
By wasting a shield or mantra, it's now a secondary effect tied to a different skill.
You have to wait 120 (or whatever) second to do so. And it'll still be at least 60 seconds with the new passive.
No comment.
Still a normal ult cooldown and you can't store two of them.
Except with Xin the skills were moved elsewhere on his kit, not fundamentally changed as what has happened with Karma.

I get what you're trying to say and usually i'd agree in some form but your arguments are flawed because while she may still have speed ups or slows they're just simply not performed in the same manner as before which fundamentally changes their playstyle.

VexTheHex

03-15-2013

Cool, interesting to hear her new kit. I look forward to trying It out when it goes lives. I'm happy to see her shield remain and am actually quite surprised she kept her tether which always felt out of place though interesting.

Best Karma Ionia

03-15-2013

120 seconds? No. I highly doubt this. Were does it say the cd