Do you prefer Rammus being able to deactivate DBC by pressing W again?

Yes 199 41.20%
No 284 58.80%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Quick question for Rammus players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mathl33t

03-15-2013

Give it a different icon to deactivate. Maybe put a red circle and line through it so it's clearer that you're going to turn DBC off by pressing W.

GG Crono

03-15-2013

I accidentally turn DBC off all the time. In the heat of a crowded battle, it can be hard to tell if you have it on.

I would not miss the ability to manually turn off DBC, but if nothing else, the icon should change when its active, so that it's more clear.

MiziiziM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
So questions below:
1. Do you use the deactivation for any other reason than the two mentioned above?
2. Have you deactivated DBC by mistake before?
No.

Yes. Rammus is a tank. He tends to be in the middle of a lot of **** going on and the visual cues on DBC are sometimes hard to see.

MiziiziM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssalSpector View Post
Give it like a 1 second CD to where you are unable to turn it off. Problem solved.
It already has that lol

Lolz1235

03-15-2013

1. When I'm doing the ol' ramnus split push I activate w (for more atk dmg from passive) to down turrets faster (I only activate r if I know the location of the whole enemy team, in case one or more of them appears in which case I would have to back away from the turret to avoid turret aggro becuase you cannot disable r). Sometimes while I'm in the process of downing a turret, enemy champs may appear to push me away, in which case I would powerball away. However if its just one champ and if I have a considerable minion wave, I would deactivate w to draw away turret aggro when that champ autos me in attempt to push me away. If that champion does minimal damage, I sometimes continue to down the turret( if its close to dieing) with my w inactive.
2. When I did not know how to play ramnus, I sometimes turned off w accidentally becuase I did not fully realize it was activated in the first place at times when the screen was dense with other champions and their abilites. However similar to accidentally ulting with ahri, vayne, blitzcrank, karthus, kennen , alistar, etc. or accidentally flashing, healing, or cleansing, once your get the concept of ramnus's w you learn not to turn it off accidentally, similar to accidentally disabling mundos w before the patch that updated it.

USnip

03-15-2013

1) Yes... if I need to run away curl makes me extremely slow. also if I get onto somebody, curl, and then they flash or jump away by some other method I need to turn curl off to chase them.

2) I'm sure I've accidentally deactivated it before.

Yobrevol

03-15-2013

yes, i haven't played rammus very much but when i do i always use to feature to gain assists instead of kills. If i couldn't deactivate it, it would be much harder to only get assists and feed my lanes.

also i haven't had to much trouble with accidental deactivation. i feel this change would remove a skill aspect to playing rammus because at times you don't want to extra damage.

Iridos

03-15-2013

1. Not offhand
2. No

Solcrushed, why would you remove something that has viable uses just to prevent people from messing it up? I could understand if it didn't serve any use now, but you've been able to come up with scenarios where it's useful even without our input. If the concern is people messing up, put a delay on it so it can't be cancelled by spamming the button while silenced or something, and it'll be fine.

Nicksiren

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
I am currently considering taking away the ability on Rammus to deactivate Defensive Ball Curl off manually.

This function was originally there because Powerball could not be cast in DBC but now seems to be serving chiefly as a trap for Rammus players who accidently turn it off.

There are two reasons I can see currently where manual deactivation of DBC is advantageous to the Rammus player: Not drawing turret aggro & buff leashes

So questions below:
1. Do you use the deactivation for any other reason than the two mentioned above?
2. Have you deactivated DBC by mistake before?

NOTE: Rammus will still be able to 'deactivate W by pressing Q' What I am considering taking away is the ability to press W again to deactivate

Also, CD on DBC ticks the moment you activate, so you cannot 'gain' CD by turning it off early
I have deactivated his DBC multiple, multiple times by mistake, HOWEVER this is due to the fact that unless you are experienced with Rammus (read: play him at all) it is very hard to tell if you have the buff on or not. The times I have turned it off was because I was asking myself, "Wait, did I press W? I coulda sworn I pressed W... *presses W again*... Aw, sh*t."

It is important to be able to have manual deactivation for the reasons you listed above. Do NOT take this away, please. However please make it more apparent when the buff is activated/on!!

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

03-15-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridos View Post
Solcrushed, why would you removed something that has viable uses just to prevent people from messing it up? I could understand if it didn't serve any use now, but you've been able to come up with scenarios where it's useful even without our input. Why do you need more?
Because I feel the cons from allowing the ability to turn it off completely outweigh the pros currently.

As an extreme example Rammus R. Other than being an ult (therefore driving the cons even higher) the considerations are almost exactly the same