So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healurownbum

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDrool View Post
I agree with you more then I disagree. However, I must point out that we don't really know any details beyond description. It seems a bit premature to call mantra E the only worthwhile option. We agree that we suspect it is, but maybe Mantra Q does a ton of total damage?

It's just worth remembering that cool-downs and ability numbers will really change the feel of a lot of this.
Thats assuming the ppl keep standing in the AoE itself. From what i read its like a bomb on the ground u can walk away from it. That makes E the only worth spell still. As it also does AoE dmg.

Blakwolf39

03-15-2013

Hahaha karma was the first 3150 champ i ever bought! Ty riot!

Solemn

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Tether is enemy only from what i can see and it only heals Karma. So all she has as a support spell is the shield.
This is probably what worries me. She doesn't have enough in her redesigned toolkit to take her over a Taric, Sona, or Lulu when it comes to support.

I hope her base damage and AP ratios are high and her cooldowns short, otherwise I don't know if she would be the best choice for mid, either.

Obviously, we have to wait to test her out, but the initial information has me a little concerned.

Mugguffen

03-15-2013

Hoping for a read post... but when is this expected to come out on the PBE?

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Oh yeah, this is probably important to mention - Her AA range is 525 at the moment. Not gonna give homegirl incentives to aggressively AA and keep her at the old numbers! Take Inspire and level 1 and enjoy just training people with her super awesome auto attack!

Also i've edited the main post to clarify, but Inner Flame is AoE. The slow and damage is applied around the unit you first strike with it, making it possibly to trigger Gathering Fire multiple times if you manage to snipe a group of enemy champions!
Wait...hmm... So is it now sort of like Ezreal's Essence Flux? What type of AoE pattern are we looking at?

limbrok

03-15-2013

If anything, the most rewarding thing for this rework is to give Karma the attention that she has needed. It has been such a pain the past year playing this game playing underwhelming champions in situations where they can actually perform well and being berated before the game even starts because of the pick.

Pre Evelynn rework, I used to love Evelynn. The stealth was incredibly powerful and when she snowballed, she actually had very unforgiving damage. Post rework, she became a much more viable pick in a variety of situations, rather than a very rare, sometimes trolly pick. At least I could play Evelynn without getting flamed and harassed, and Evelynn was very strong post rework for quite some time, too.

Post Twitch rework, I can actually play him ADC without people calling me a troll.

I tried to play Karma this week against a Diana mid and my team got so fed up and ended up dodging before the game even started. Sure Karma is viable now in certain situations, but so many people have such a negative connotation about her that this rework isn't just needed to bring her back into the meta, but it's really the last option we have since people are so biased towards Karma players. It doesn't matter if I tell them I can play her, and even if I couldn't why does it matter? I shouldn't have to get flamed at any ELO, regardless of Bronze or Diamond just because of a champion I am playing.

So thank you Riot. I'm sure not only will she be a blast to play, a strong Champion to add to my favorites, but I will actually be able to enjoy her the way she was meant to be enjoyed without being treated as a troll or forcing dodges merely to ignorance.

Vinta Calvert

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Tether is enemy only from what i can see and it only heals Karma. So all she has as a support spell is the shield.
The shield and the CC. Heals and shields are not the only things that make a good support, otherwise Blitzcrank, Leona and Shen would be trash-tier supports.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenMistninja View Post
Make a poll please, because as much as I honestly respect your opinion Morello, I think the diehard karma fans all hate the idea of losing it, and will never feel Happy knowing my favorite champ is being fixed due to the "majority" of LoL players thinking shes ****.....I can play karma anywhere but jungle and do better than 99% of any yi, teemo, or tryn, but karma gets a bad rep......Blows my mind.
I do not look forward to any sort of poll in relation to Karma. Huzzah popularity contest...

Regina George

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
Scarizard, can you please tell us how you were able to get the karma rework out to us in 8 weeks when Guinsoo was working on it for nigh on 2 years, especially when morello said that most of guinsoos contributions had to be reworked?
^ this.

If it was possible in 8 weeks....wtf happened in 2011?

SethCougar

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
She only has one charge now.
Is that said somewhere? Would you mind linking me? I might have missed other things.