So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crai Crushna

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You do know Katarina had to be nerfed after the rework because she was so strong? Same with GP after his E changes.

Either way, combing over the power line-by-line is likely a dead-end because of how much has changed. This makes balance and balance predictions difficult for devs and the community

Hello Morello and other reds, I have a question about design and lore now that you have allowed us (the player) to see her kit. How is she supposed to be a Leader of Ionia if she can not heal her allies? Why does her passive, her new Q, R, and W only affect her? If she is supposed to be a Leader for her people that others would follow into battle then why take out her heal? I feel like the current Karma is actually a better representation of what you want her to be (lore wise). Now that she has no Heal and you gave her Leblancs chains, what will separate her from being Leblanc 2.0? That is what I see from this kit, is just LeBlanc 2.0? Does this mean LeBlanc is going to get a rework too? Thank you and the Riot staff for doing things like this when other game companies tell zero information.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volski

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You do know Katarina had to be nerfed after the rework because she was so strong? Same with GP after his E changes.

Either way, combing over the power line-by-line is likely a dead-end because of how much has changed. This makes balance and balance predictions difficult for devs and the community
Why does Katarina remain one of those champions that you can literally roll your face around your keyboard and manage to get kills?

And even if you some somehow mess up, it's easily forgivable with an E.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vynzs

Senior Member

03-15-2013

What did you do to ensure she is a viable AP carry ?
Considering her lack of CC, and relative short range, she would have to keep her AP ratios, which are actually quite good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharky Shark

Senior Member

03-15-2013

I like Karma's new passive. You won't have to rely on baiting to be effective. You can spend less gold on cdr, and more on ap.

Before, it was bad to stack too much health on Karma because the more health she had, the longer it took for her passive to kick in. I think her lack of an aoe heal makes up for the fact that she can build tankier now. And that aoe shield is badass.

Most people think that the old spirit bond is dumb. They don't understand how effective it can be. With enough cdr, you could basically always have the enemy team slowed. With her new abilities, she can apply slows more often. She can do damage and slow an area without hoping her enemies walk through that tether.

Overall, I like the changes. No, it won't be the same Karma. But most people didn't like her to begin with. It will be weird to get used to at first. Her kit looks really exciting, and it resembles her old kit, so it shouldn't be too hard to get used to.

I will always remember the good times I had with old Karma, but the new aoe shield makes up for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Pudding Cup

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard023 View Post
Her Teather won't slow anymore :U
Awww her q is now the slow sorry, and her tether that sounds like a point and click that heals/damages also ROOTS something she couldnt do before.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

limbrok

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirblewind View Post
You had an opportunity to make something new and exciting so what you did was remake immobile Leblanc.

I'm so disappointed.
She has a chain. This is considered a "remade LeBlanc"?

I'm confused.

Maybe there are similarities, but this Karma is definitely quite different from just a "remade LeBlanc". I highly doubt this version of Karma will be able to boast the amount of burst that LeBlanc has, too. Their kits and abilities may be similar, but I highly doubt Karma will offer as much burst for the utility she is bringing to her team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rudi Greyrat

Junior Member

03-15-2013

Sorry but I really dislike the new passive and the new mantra. I LOVED using the two mantra charges and enjoyed her aoe heal on her q. For AP mid karma, she will easily be outlaned since she cannot push, easily susceptible to champions with a dash and has very little burst without mantra. Her Q sounds like a poke ability, w is a DOT cc and her e does no damage without mantra. For Karma to be as bursty as she is now, she would need REALLY good scalings. Also, the HUGE, AOE damaging shield and AOE heal is what makes Karma unique and is why I play her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I'm reading every post in this thread/compiling a list of recurring issues and starting to type my responses (to some of the higher level stuff like WTF PASSIVE and if she's still a support etc) but i figured i'd drop in super quick and clarify this:

Karma still gains a point in Mantra at Level 1, but now has the ability to level it at 6, 11, and 16.

Points into Mantra increase the effectiveness of Soulflare, Renewal, and Defiance - so a player focusing on Inner Flame poke will still have her E2 be effective (even if E is at rank 1), while a support karma who might want to level Inspire can still get a sizeable chunk of Soulflare damage to go along with that slow zone.

Also to spread the word http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/k...esday-march-19

We'll be having an AMA on reddit next week, so me (and everyone on the team!) will be able to take a lot more time to answer questions and go into specific details!

brb gonna keep scanning thread to put up a mega-post. Keep the feedback coming, guys! I'm glad so many of you are excited to try her out.

Looking forward to it. Once she's actually up on PBE and people are testing her. We...may need a new thread. I'd be really sad to see all the varied discussion in this thread put aside but I'm keeping the faith that yourself and other Rioters have been reading it.

It sounds like you've taken a note out of recent Leblanc trials. Or maybe it went down the other way around?

Honestly, I'm just going to outright approve of this design direction with Mantra. 4 levels of Mantra 0-3 ranks which are what Mantra works off of? It's a good idea. Keeps Mantra's unique feel while eliminating some of the previous weaknesses.

Just like with some of my negative expectations. Devil's in the details and I'll be checking this positive expectation out once I can try her too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I'm reading every post in this thread/compiling a list of recurring issues and starting to type my responses (to some of the higher level stuff like WTF PASSIVE and if she's still a support etc) but i figured i'd drop in super quick and clarify this:

Karma still gains a point in Mantra at Level 1, but now has the ability to level it at 6, 11, and 16.

Points into Mantra increase the effectiveness of Soulflare, Renewal, and Defiance - so a player focusing on Inner Flame poke will still have her E2 be effective (even if E is at rank 1), while a support karma who might want to level Inspire can still get a sizeable chunk of Soulflare damage to go along with that slow zone.

Also to spread the word http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/k...esday-march-19

We'll be having an AMA on reddit next week, so me (and everyone on the team!) will be able to take a lot more time to answer questions and go into specific details!

brb gonna keep scanning thread to put up a mega-post. Keep the feedback coming, guys! I'm glad so many of you are excited to try her out.
Did she get a Range buff? Cause 425 was problematic!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phatcat09

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky Shark View Post
I like Karma's new passive. You won't have to rely on baiting to be effective. You can spend less gold on cdr, and more on ap.

Before, it was bad to stack too much health on Karma because the more health she had, the longer it took for her passive to kick in. I think her lack of an aoe heal makes up for the fact that she can build tankier now. And that aoe shield is badass.

Most people think that the old spirit bond is dumb. They don't understand how effective it can be. With enough cdr, you could basically always have the enemy team slowed. With her new abilities, she can apply slows more often. She can do damage and slow an area without hoping her enemies walk through that tether.

Overall, I like the changes. No, it won't be the same Karma. But most people didn't like her to begin with. It will be weird to get used to at first. Her kit looks really exciting, and it resembles her old kit, so it shouldn't be too hard to get used to.

I will always remember the good times I had with old Karma, but the new aoe shield makes up for it.
You didn't bait with karma you initiated with karma.

Go in take damage spam Zhonyas your team dives in you come back from the liquid carbonite with a life saving shield and heal.

Flash out and provide support with an extra 50-100 ap.

If they decided not to attack you, you were able to tether one person putting them at a mobility disadvantage marking them for assassination.

IF you played Karma correctly.