So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-15-2013

Love the change to her Mantra, passive, and shield. Not sure about the Q skillshot yet, but I guess it fits better now that she doesn't use a fan. Still, loved that unique aspect about Karma as the fan to me symbolized two sides of her nature -- either pushing or pulling / protecting or damaging.

As for the tether though... it seems like a very, very slightly modified version of LeBlanc's tether. Not sure if I'm feeling it from the way it is described.

Overall, definitely looks great although I'm sure people will miss her healing ability!

Oh, and do you get her Mantra automatically at level 1 and her skills level up to 6 still or is she the traditional 5/5/5/3 now?

rottim

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblepeasant View Post
She has a shield. That's better than a heal in MANY cases.
I think there was an expectation that she'd get to keep having both a heal and a shield in her kit. Instead of a selfish heal in her new tether.

Seragaki Aoba

03-15-2013

Basically now she has a built in Locket of the Iron Solari and Shurelya's? AND a root? AND a slow that explodes after time like Lux's?

As negative as the sentence I just said sounded, I really LOVE this rework! I'm hoping that her Mantra+W also heals allies in the tether and does DoT with enemies that run through it.

Sasnak

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You do know Katarina had to be nerfed after the rework because she was so strong? Same with GP after his E changes.

Either way, combing over the power line-by-line is likely a dead-end because of how much has changed. This makes balance and balance predictions difficult for devs and the community
I don't see why fans had to be taken out with the new kit...

"Finally, we’ve updated her skills so allies are reliant on Karma, but Karma’s not reliant on them. She’s got enough power at her fingertips to feel strong as a mage or as a support without teammates having to work in perfect concert for you to be effective."

That's really all I wanted as a Karma player...that is really it. I guess she had to be made to "appeal" to the masses...and a fix of her kit wouldn't have been enough (even though it probably would have been).

New kit looks promising though I suppose.

Healurownbum

03-15-2013

Lmao i hate it rly truelly utterly hate it. I loved Mantra cause it let you add something defensive or offensive to Q and E just made W stronger. Now you get a Q thats stronger a W that heals some what and a E that does AoE dmg and AoE shield... No I want my heal friendly back >.<

Ravechaosknight

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post

Q: Inner Flame – Skillshot that deals magic damage and slows enemies.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Soulflare – Increases damage and leaves behind a zone that slows and, after a brief delay, explodes for AoE damage.
Aww. seems you were infected with Morello's "Heals are bad, we no likey." philosophy. I'll be honest, I'm not hardcore Karma player and I doubt this rework will change that. The one thing about her old kit I really liked was Heavenly Wave. I shall miss the cone of Death and Life.

I know everyone fawns over the Shield, but eh it never felt as good as splashing damage and health at the same time.

Did you guys at least test a % heal in the AOE of the Mantra use? I mean it sounds awkward on paper, but it shouldn't be difficult to use in practice.

Oddly, it seems I won't be using Karma as much now, lol

Also, is it me or does she not have any wave clear now unless you want to use your mantra? Sure you want her to Solo Lane alright.

Swampmajikk

03-15-2013

I'll have to see it in action first.
Need I remind everyone of the Kat and eve reworks that made them both "unplayable" and then all of a sudden 100% op with little or no changes?

Yeah..

Frychikn

03-15-2013

this is much less of a remake than i envisioned

her kit basically looks the same tbh.

HarryOrunitia

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravechaosknight View Post
Aww. seems you were infected with Morello's "Heals are bad, we no likey." philosophy. I'll be honest, I'm not hardcore Karma player and I doubt this rework will change that. The one thing about her old kit I really liked was Heavenly Wave. I shall miss the cone of Death and Life.

I know everyone fawns over the Shield, but eh it never felt as good as splashing damage and health at the same time.

Did you guys at least test a % heal in the AOE of the Mantra use? I mean it sounds awkward on paper, but it shouldn't be difficult to use in practice.

Also, is it me or does she not have any wave clear now unless you want to use your mantra? Sure you want her to Solo Lane alright.
Damn that's right. No more crazy pushing/farming either I guess.

rottim

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravechaosknight View Post

The crazy thing is, Morello only goes crazy over heals that can sustain a lane. Her old Q was anything but that. No one was going to waste their mantra charges (or the mana) to top off the health bars.