So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healurownbum

03-15-2013

Omg omg omg omg omg

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Except it was an extremely boring passive that was practically useless against anyone who actually knows what Karma does. It was good at baiting bad players. That's it. It's not salvageable because it's fundamentally bad.

PS Her passive wasn't remotely the thing that made Karma Karma.
If Karma's old passive needs to go then it needs to be replaced with something that actually does something. This new passive feels like "Hey this is part of how Mantra works now let's just put it on the passive".

Karma's passive was also not "only useful against bad players". It was a substantial boost to shield and heal when she gets low. Thus, it allows a good Karma to stick around a little longer. To risk staying near the edge of a team fight. Or it allows a Karma with items to get shield cooldown back a second time in a fight and have a much more powerful shield.

It was a pretty major part of Karma's feel. It gave a Karma player a bit more confidence to tilt the tide with.

Also, if Karma + a team got AoE smacked and Karma got of an R+Mantra it definitely added to the healing in a big way. So at worse it was always providing Karma herself better sustain heals from mantra Q.

Laxtras

03-15-2013

pbe is near!!!!
i smell it!

DemiluniS

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
Without a doubt the 0.8 Ratio will be nerfed: Its an AOE shield now!! How awesome is that?

I hope they make it so that the AOE shield is a bit weaker than the main target, since that would make Karma stronger in a solo lane.

Or, .8 for main target (Maybe less) and .4 for the AOE... like a locket!

Because they reworked her kit it keeping that passive wouldnt make any sense... It was too risky to make a squishy play on low health, especially when she needed to close to melee range before shielding herself like before.
why people don't understand it's an empowered E, it's an ultimate, it supposed to be stronger than other abilities, thresh also got an AOE shield, no one cries about it

Karma Sandiego

03-15-2013

OMG NEW KARMA IS DELICIOUS! s

ihaveapotion

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You do know Katarina had to be nerfed after the rework because she was so strong? Same with GP after his E changes.

Either way, combing over the power line-by-line is likely a dead-end because of how much has changed. This makes balance and balance predictions difficult for devs and the community
How would you like it if you bought a car from me and at night i go into your garage, put new wheels on it, saw off the roof, put in a different engine, paint it pink, and put in some zebra chairs.

Cause thats what you guys are doing to the karma i payed real money on.

I was very excited seeing what she looks like now but completely changing a kit that was in no way asking for changes.. she had incredibly fun skills, and youre making her generic, what do you expect people to do with her now.. cause its not going to be support, shell be just another apc mid.

Even worse, you guys remove the very thing a proper (read: most highly rated) support needs: a heal.

The only thing karma ever needed was that knockback on her Q you guys talked about before, or atleast it was a rumor.

Just that little CC to have something against the gapcloser meta you've created with endless gacloser having champs.

Instead you remove the most fun skill karma had; the two way use of her shackle wich did honor to her name. Use it on a ally for movement speed boost, put it on the enemy to deal damage with the wire. How genious was that.. and you replace it with a single morgana ult target something..

Do you understand how that looks?

Why not put a knockup/stun on her skillshot Q
and put the slow back on her shackle and make the wire dmg again for utility, that would make alot of people happy im sure, and will make her viable as support.

You know, as viable as taric and nunu, people picking her in championships viable.

Otherwise good luck on the years to come trying to 'balance her' back and forth.

Mandroo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

As a fan of Karma, I do not like the sound of this new kit. I have two points of interest;

1. Her passive. So we get another champ that basically has no passive? It could easily be put right on her R, and you give her something a little more interesting in the passive slot.

2. The tether sounds almost identical to LeBlanc's, sans mantra effect. Why not do something cool and REVERSE the root requirement. Make it so if they break the tether, they get rooted. That would be new and interesting, since we already have tethers that do something if they don't break them (LeBlanc, Morgana, Nocturne), and none that go the other way. You could even make this the mantra effect or something, to mess with the enemy and actually give you a reason to spend your charge on it.

Ansaa

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDrool View Post
If Karma's old passive needs to go then it needs to be replaced with something that actually does something. This new passive feels like "Hey this is part of how Mantra works now let's just put it on the passive".

Karma's passive was also not "only useful against bad players". It was a substantial boost to shield and heal when she gets low. Thus, it allows a good Karma to stick around a little longer. To risk staying near the edge of a team fight. Or it allows a Karma with items to get shield cooldown back a second time in a fight and have a much more powerful shield.

It was a pretty major part of Karma's feel. It gave a Karma player a bit more confidence to tilt the tide with.

Also, if Karma + a team got AoE smacked and Karma got of an R+Mantra it definitely added to the healing in a big way. So at worse it was always providing Karma herself better sustain heals from mantra Q.
Most of the time, she'd be hit hard before she closed to melee range and 1-shotted with her low health before she had a chance to shield (Because that shield is also her burst... and she wasn't close enough.)

Like they said, her kit wasn't perfect. It had flaws; and the playstyle of risking low HP was iffy.

HarryOrunitia

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Stuff
I actually like the new kit. It's completely different from old Karma and it seems to get rid of a lot of the things I loved: multiple mantra charges, awesome baiting passive, awesome AoE heals, the duality theme was definitely toned down... Not to mention that Karma was one of the few champions without skillshots and I would've preferred her to stay that way. But for the rest I guess it sounds really fun. I'd have to see it in action though, and I'd really have to see the ratios and the cooldowns, especially on Mantra.

The only real issue I have with it is why doesn't her new Spirit Bond damage enemies that go through it anymore? And maybe heal allies that go through it when it's empowered with Mantra? I think it would be really cool, it would keep the AoE heals, the importance of positioning in her gameplay, and it would be more similar to the original Spirit Bond. All in a pretty simple solution. Or was it something you considered when designing her new kit and later scrapped?

And well, yeah, her passive was much better before. I think it's weird you changed that especially since she's now less support-oriented. Oh and no more crazy chases with her W? I don't understand the point of removing the movement speed modifier from her W and breaking it between her Q and her E. Seems... counterintuitive?

Samalabam

03-15-2013

Can you still tether allies? Sucks if you can't