More BALANCED tug of war to 5000 [Ponies allowed]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaknose

03-14-2013

FlynnOFlenniken

03-14-2013

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Psycho Pretzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Leonerdo

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezzyy View Post
What's actually impressive is that it survived being in off-topic
It probably survives because, for the most part, a red will post every now and then, putting it in the Dev Tracker. And sometimes that will bring in someone who sticks around to add more than a hundred to the count. I intend to be one of those people.

The problem is when they all post at once, because that won't bring many more people to our side; there will be diminishing returns for each additional post. But there won't be diminishing returns on the amount they subtract.

So yeah, the ideal forum-post-meta for us, is for a Red to post every couple of days, to keep a link to this thread in the dev tracker for popularity and recruitment, but no more often than that. Of course, this all assumes that ratio of -100 posts to +1 Red posts is basically constant (i.e. subsequent Red posts after a -100 will not be more likely to add 1 instead out of pity; if pity were a factor, then occasional short bursts of Red posts might be better for recruitment and not hurt the count too badly).

TL;DR: Red posts can bring in new tug-of-war-ers through the Dev Tracker, which can help, but a pile of Red posts all at once would still be really bad.

Psycho Pretzel

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonerdo View Post
It probably survives because, for the most part, a red will post every now and then, putting it in the Dev Tracker. And sometimes that will bring in someone who sticks around to add more than a hundred to the count. I intend to be one of those people.

The problem is when they all post at once, because that won't bring many more people to our side; there will be diminishing returns for each additional post. But there won't be diminishing returns on the amount they subtract.

So yeah, the ideal forum-post-meta for us, is for a Red to post every couple of days, to keep a link to this thread in the dev tracker for popularity and recruitment, but no more often than that. Of course, this all assumes that ratio of -100 posts to +1 Red posts is basically constant (i.e. subsequent Red posts after a -100 will not be more likely to add 1 instead out of pity; if pity were a factor, then occasional short bursts of Red posts might be better for recruitment and not hurt the count too badly).

TL;DR: Red posts can bring in new tug-of-war-ers through the Dev Tracker, which can help, but a pile of Red posts all at once would still be really bad.
OOOOHHHH

So THAT'S why there's sometimes a big group of unknown new posters after a Red posts!

Wow I feel stupid.
I've been in this thread since Mid-October 2011 and never figured it out.

Attachment 636639
derp

cheezzyy

03-15-2013

RiotRival

NOC Technician

03-15-2013
273 of 287 Riot Posts

ehhedehera

NOC Technician

03-15-2013
274 of 287 Riot Posts

whitepigkung

03-15-2013

and RED POST please respond to bug forum