@RIOT - Purpose of the Game

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aliasear

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Well, we are hardcore gamers and wanted to make games for gamers. So, 6 years later... That's what we've done.

At the time we started, there weren't MOBAs that weren't mods, and we saw a wide open field to innovate in. A lot of established gamer genres were already pretty explored. We felt MOBA was not explored much yet, and our early team became very excited by the possibilities. So, we set forth to try a bunch of different things, and evolve the genre forward. During this time, the industry was changing, and we've had to explore a lot of other challenges, ranging from what it means to operate a game continuously as a service to our players, to understanding how to explain why we nerfed Ezreal But it's been a really rewarding experience for us.

Today, we still have the same mission. Provide great, new experiences for gamers that get better every day. It's a lot easier to keep motivated these days because we have a community to share what we are doing with.
Zileas, may I quote your response in a video series I am currently running? If I may, I plan to quote your response in a video that encourages positive player behavior and aims to reduce the amount of raging and flaming that happens in-game.

WukongBR

03-13-2013

Quote:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Zileas

Also, I only slept 5 hours yesterday because I was up late playing games?

Not sure which is better credential.

Back to you -- prove you are good at Wukong.
Never said I was a good Wukong. That's like me asking you to prove you're a good Zilean. Because the champion name is in your name..for the most part.

Are you?

Btw..no image on your Starcraft page? Even HotShotGG has a picture on his page bro.

Methinks the Scarab Shooter was a little overhyped.

WukongBR

03-13-2013

Bump.

Matt Azn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

you have a Team Liquid article but they won't let CombatEx? :X

MickeyTheFiasco

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WukongBR View Post
Never said I was a good Wukong. That's like me asking you to prove you're a good Zilean. Because the champion name is in your name..for the most part.

Are you?

Btw..no image on your Starcraft page? Even HotShotGG has a picture on his page bro.

Methinks the Scarab Shooter was a little overhyped.
Just stop, you got owned.

WukongBR

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyTheFiasco View Post
Just stop, you got owned.
Get out of my face mikey.

Nasuuna

03-13-2013

Quote:

not seeing anything about graduating from troll school

you have disappointed me Zileas.

Dfenestrator

03-13-2013

Quote:

Out of curiosity, do you still play League much? I noticed that this account hasn't played many games since the release of the honor initiative. I figure that you probably do, but mostly on smurf accounts since this one would probably be recognized by a decent number of people.

WizzadDeBz

03-13-2013

Quote:

By Kellogg does that mean you got an MBA at Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University? If so then I <3 you 4evah.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

03-13-2013
3 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliasear View Post
Zileas, may I quote your response in a video series I am currently running? If I may, I plan to quote your response in a video that encourages positive player behavior and aims to reduce the amount of raging and flaming that happens in-game.
Marc and Brandon have delivered statements on this before in interviews, you may just want to quote those. I've written my response-- which doesn't necessarily 'read' aloud as well as it reads on paper. Verbal responses are more concise, etc. Can you ask Riot PR, or go look for some of the early Marc/Brandon interviews on this?

1234567 ... 9