So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCykko

03-13-2013

So I know from reading the comments here that I am not the only one, and don't misinterpret this, but in the splash art and ingame art we have seen it looks like Karma is.. well... black. The problem I have with this is not because I am racist, but because she is from Ionia. Where people aren't black. Irelia isn't black.

You said in your first few posts you wanted the new Karma to represent her lore. How can she be from Ionia and black. I'm sorry, but from a hardcore Karma fan, going from white Karma to a new black Karma that doesn't match her lore really bugs me. Explain Riot?

TLDR; New Karma is black even though her original was white, Irelia (also from Ionia) is white, and it doesn't match her lore even though Riot said making her skin match her lore was a main focus of theirs. I am not racist, but rather a hardcore do-not-contradict-yourself kinda guy.

Lenestus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

the sad part is that now everyone is going to have this new karma and the skin lol Ive had karma since the beginning of s2 and i really like playing her she brings alot to the team.

StarBubbles

03-13-2013

This dress is now practical.

HarryOrunitia

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCykko View Post
So I know from reading the comments here that I am not the only one, and don't misinterpret this, but in the splash art and ingame art we have seen it looks like Karma is.. well... black. The problem I have with this is not because I am racist, but because she is from Ionia. Where people aren't black. Irelia isn't black.

You said in your first few posts you wanted the new Karma to represent her lore. How can she be from Ionia and black. I'm sorry, but from a hardcore Karma fan, going from white Karma to a new black Karma that doesn't match her lore really bugs me. Explain Riot?

TLDR; New Karma is black even though her original was white, Irelia (also from Ionia) is white, and it doesn't match her lore even though Riot said making her skin match her lore was a main focus of theirs. I am not racist, but rather a hardcore do-not-contradict-yourself kinda guy.
Her original was not white. That's pretty much the only thing they kept with the rework.

Ionian StarChild

03-13-2013

Looking at the model, I noticed that Karma has red eyes. Shouldn't she have a more serene and tranquil eye color, one that softly compliments her skin tone, like honey, light brown, or gray? Also, she should keep her current voice actor. I think she did a great job making Karma sound like that overwhelmed individual who is still holding on to diminishing hope. I thought it reflected her lore.

Josh de Tonreau

03-13-2013

lol

Dryad Soraka

03-13-2013

put her in the pbe already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HunterlovesSam

03-13-2013

Omg yay a free skin :3

Dasta

03-14-2013

So I know you can't go into details about her kit, not until PBE release, etc etc. But I need to know, just need to...
Is her kit getting a COMPLETE overhaul (Other than Mantra which has been stated is staying)? Or is it more like the Katarina where you had 4 abilities, then combined them into 3 and gave a new ability?

ihaveapotion

03-14-2013

All she needed was a single stun, bam karma as viable support as taric.

ggwp.