Let's talk about Champ Select

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seraphim

The Council

03-13-2013

Allowing people to queue up for roles specifically would be the best approach, as long as it gives you the opportunity to play each role equally. Like it wont look to drop you in support slot unless the wait is over two minutes or something. Let a person specify what they're best and match them in to those appropriate roles. Obviously a label over the person's name saying the role they got queued for- this creates a problem though because you might have people who like builds that don't fit the meta, so by doing this you would be in fact committing Riot to the established meta at this point.

Cameryn Kyre

03-13-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1235360

^ Popular thread I made a long long time ago. Pretty much sums up my opinions on champ select.

Have you ever considered letting the players decide?

What if matchmaking separated players by pick/call order?

Those who prefer call order would probably have the less favorable environment and slowly promote a gradual acceptance that pick order/negotiation should be accepted.

Either way, you select your preferred method and obey the luck of the draw. Those who are more 1-dimensional or selfish would opt for call order, those who are more flexible and reasonable pick order.

I think this would work out pretty well to be honest... a less drastic "prisoner's island."

Further, disobeying the rules of champ select in these two modes could be instant suspension worthy. Which wouldn't be a problem to those who opt for pick order and actually try to better themselves as players, build the best possible team, and play what is needed rather than instalock Teemo.

I only favor pick order because it has a sense of actual structure and is more adaptable to dialogue and compromise.

Cenminator

03-13-2013

the WoW dungeon finder would be something worth trying in the PBE. it does seem like a good idea, being able to queue as a top or mid laner

davin

Senior User Researcher

03-13-2013
2 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Schtiffles View Post
I'm just afraid to queue up because of people arguing >_<
I think that anxiety over other people's behavior in queue is a pretty common perception. We know players think that matchmade games can be tough to work with, and it's something we want to fix. This highlights a sort of higher-order worry--not necessarily worried about how well they play but more about how they will act in their attempts to resolve a team composition.

Gaelion

03-13-2013

1- I think this is a good idea, it might be abused by 4 man premades though.

2- Don't do this ! this will just restrict creative comps and games to a simple close minded meta..... like we are right now -.-u sigh

3- just as you said before not all toxic attitudes comes from toxic payers, bad days happen. this is a little rough.... but i don't know..... meaby at the en is a good idea

alexmf2

03-13-2013

#2 is definitely my favorite, but why not have #3 AND #2/#1? #3 would work with both of the other suggestions.

Elliot

03-13-2013

Option #2 would increase queue times by a fair amount I believe, as it introduces a limiting role (the role that the least amount of people want to play). It could work, but would it be worth the increased times?

Eihber

03-13-2013

Either #1 or #2. Probably both actually.

iambacardi

03-13-2013

i would like a que up type system, vote kick would be abused too often.

MugenNightmare

03-13-2013

I don't see the Prisoner Island thing working.

Destroying with destroyers is a very odd thing to me.