@ Lyte: what is your next step

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CraZZahKilla

03-13-2013

What about adding role icons under the summoners profile in champ select? You can chose what you'd prefer playing(have a minimum of 2).. This might promote better communication right off the bat, no one would need to yell that they want top or mid. It would be implied by what you select. If you have 2 people that both select ADC and MID icons, the 2 people would have a better chance to work it out rather than "I called it first" or "I pick before you"
If you prefer to just fill you could just select all the roles and just take whats left over.
It may or may not work though.

Atoxa

03-13-2013

Just wondering, what do you think of the WoW system being implemented into Champion Select? have each person sign up for either Top, Mid, Adc, Support, Jungle. Obviously this can make some issues with of course, less people signing up for support, etc. Also, this would be implemented into "Pre-Assign Draft", but then there would be "Normal Draft," and of course, blind pick. I'm interested as to what the problems would be with this and a champ select kick system. Thanks!

Heheimcute

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

I don't know if this helps, or if anyone will see this comment, but my brother suggested in champion select, they give you a role, and if you do not play that role then you could get reported, unless you traded ROLES with someone. when champions are being banned, beside their name it says "banning". under that for everyone there should be the role that they were assigned. Hopefully less people will play ranked that can't play atleast 4 or of 5 roles. Maybe this would help the situation.

ugotsoull

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHoToS999 View Post
I can't say I really like this, because I might have Lulu and decide that my talents are better supporting someone up top than someone on bottom, or two people might trade or help gank or whatever. There are too many variables per game to have an "instaban" for grabbing the wrong lane or going to wrong place. I know I've asked my team to push a single lane a lot of times, and by the end of the match it doesn't seem like people remember the champion select arguments.
That's probably true, there could/should be some lenience with regards to in game since if your team agrees with strat changes it wouldn't be a problem I guess.

LordMelVius

03-13-2013

How bout a % bonus to ip gain for not being a toxic player. lets say 19 of 20 games you played were positive. so if you stay above a certain threshold of being a positive player you get the ip reward. This could then take into account having a bad game or two every so often.

Even if lets say a toxic player makes an effort to receive these ip gains and plays toxic in 1 or 2 times out of 20. Compared to being toxic 15 out of 20 games before. This method would help eliminate toxic behaviour, because it gives them a goal to receive an award that promotes positive play.

Best Swain NA

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
1. How is the Tribunal doing, and what's in mind for the future?
a. We're at a point in the Tribunal where we're consistently identifying then reforming or removing the most toxic players in the game.
Hi Lyte. I'd like to ask you about this. If the tribunal's purpose is to remove the most toxic players from this game, why do I receive constant suspensions for calling someone a name in one or two of my games. I have seen the worst toxic players. I have seen how they act. I am no where near that level. I just sometimes respond badly in a highly emotional environment whenever i'm provoked. If the purpose of the tribunal is to remove the most toxic players from this game, why would someone who has these rare "outbursts" be banned when it is no where near the level of toxicity that is considered the worst.

I have 5 cases in my tribunal ticket, 3 of which are nonpunishable cus I do/say absolutely nothing wrong while the other two are questionable because of how I react to my teammates targeting me. This is 2 "punishable" games out of 97 games that I played in the time frame of the 5 reported cases that show in the tribunal 2/17-2/28. So by what I gathered from my limited resources (lolreplay) I do something punishable in 2% of my games. I would love a response from you and your thoughts on my situation.

I am not writing this for an unsuspension, I'm just curious what your thoughts about my situation are.
My most recent case for reference: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6272918/#nogo

Quote:
But you know what?

This player's behavior isn’t toxic. He’s just like any one of us--we all have our bad days.
Can we really be banned for just having a few bad moments? These bad moments seem to define us 100% rather than it being viewed as: this guy has just had a couple bad games in a row/been playing with the same toxic players a couple games in a row and his frustration comes out. Your statement, the way I interrupt it, is kinda contradicting one of the things everyone in the tribunal discussion of my case seems to bring forward as the reason I keep getting banned:
Quote:
4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.

davin

Senior User Researcher

03-13-2013
21 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
I have played almost/around 1500 games in normal, and just under 100 games in S3 ranked.

I have NEVER seen this.

Not once.
By design we've made it pretty rare to see--we only target the sample size we'll need to do whatever statistical analyses we'll do.

While I do want to basically consume all data ever with my gaping data-maw, we're super sensitive to being surveyed all the time being super annoying So we made sure that the feature isn't a huge pest. The downside is that some people who want to see it won't. The upside is we don't become League of Davin Surveys Everyone Forever And They Hate It And Hate Him, So, So Much.

ChampStat

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
By design we've made it pretty rare to see--we only target the sample size we'll need to do whatever statistical analyses we'll do.

While I do want to basically consume all data ever with my gaping data-maw, we're super sensitive to being surveyed all the time being super annoying So we made sure that the feature isn't a huge pest. The downside is that some people who want to see it won't. The upside is we don't become League of Davin Surveys Everyone Forever And They Hate It And Hate Him, So, So Much.
idk, I could get used to calling this game LoDSEFATHIAHHSSM (pronounced lod-seph-fath-ee-ahh-smm)

iMRts

03-13-2013

I'd like to play Ori AD mid/bot, and do well with 5-2-10 kda usually, but most of the times (perceived ~80%), players end up raging at me all game. Some gave up and decided to troll from the start, resulting in a loss. Many ended up reporting me. Duos especially harassed me. In game chat is mostly me defending my position and reacting to their rages, especially when they /all chat "report Ori for trolling" at 0:00 minute. As a result, most of my gaming experiences have been pretty negative,

iainB85

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMRts View Post
I'd like to play Ori AD mid/bot, and do well with 5-2-10 kda usually, but most of the times (perceived ~80%), players end up raging at me all game. Some gave up and decided to troll, resulting in a loss. Many ended up reporting me. Duos especially harassed me. In game chat is mostly me defending my position and reacting to their rages, especially when they /all chat "report Ori for trolling" at 0:00 minute. As a result, most of my gaming experiences have been pretty negative,
If it's ranked I'd report you too. Ranked is supposed to be a competitive environment where everyone tries their hardest to win. If you are building a champion AD that has zero AD ratios on any of their abilities, despite how your actually game play is, you are not trying your hardest. If you put equal skill into a champion that has abilities that syngerize with AD, you'd be benefiting your team that much more. So, for purposely gimping the team, yes, I would report you.