So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healurownbum

03-13-2013

I like the way u two are going abt it! ^^

Duck├Ásaurus

03-13-2013

A few questions regarding the Karma change.

1 - Will she be keeping her current voice? I really like her voice and would be sad to see it go. If you do change it I do hope you keep the current voice in her traditional skin.
2 - Will she be getting all new quotes, Or are you changing some/none of them? By quotes I mean everything: laughs and movement as well as jokes and taunts.
3 - Based on her current stats, will she be getting some nerf/buffs in the new karma? I imagine you will be changing the mechanics of some her spells, but what about the numbers.
4 - Will she have any hidden passives? I do hope so, i love hidden passives!

Thanks

Severian NA

03-13-2013

I got a PBE account just so I could test Karma. I must admit I am really curious as to what she will be like. I am not really excited to see if the abilities I had so much fun with are still there. That is a relief, really. I've come to terms with Karma as I know her being lost. I expect that to be the case for her abilities as well. Consequently, I will be happily suprised the more of the old kit remains, and very interested to see if the old feel of her gameplay has been retained in new form.

The shields, the baits, the deceptive weakness. The feeling of enemies becoming overconfident and trying to kill you. I failed to calculate or react so many times, I was overconfident so many times. It was not a win button, it was a high risk, high reward "what the hell was I thinking" kinda thing. And it always stayed with me "don't underestimate me, you'll be sorry". If I was behind, if I was 2v1 in lane, I almost always felt that I could do something. Ofcourse, she had plenty of weaknesses. The ridicilous item dependency, the number of times I couldn't reach teammates to save them, etc. But I worked hard to learn her, and it paid off to a greater extent than I had imagined. "Nerf Karma", "Karma ruined this game" (said by opposing player XD), "amazing Karma man". And I am not really that good. I'm bronze 4, hanging on by a thread. I never had a character tell me so clearly when I failed due to my own mistakes, and when I managed to do almost everything right, keeping people alive by a sliver, extending the lifespan enough to turn the tables. But now I am ranting again. I hope the new Karma will have those attributes. Not easy to play, but easy to read with regards to improvement. Deceptively strong, bait potential, itemization allowing you to adapt beyond what people expect. "Who builds Karma as a tank?!" Well, dearest Lee Sin. You shouldn't have kept hitting me.
And, though the changes will be significant, I have more hope here. It is easier for Riot to analyze gameplay, and to understand what kind of champion she is. Ofcourse, they might have decided to scrap that too, but I am way more optimistic that they might have been able to redo her with the same gameplay, than anything else.

I still think it would be easy for Riot to make the way they handled this look better, and I hope they will make the effort when the time is right. I don't presume to make any demands of them, but as I have said countless times, a bit of sympathy and honesty about why and how they went about this would go a very long way. Ames just popping by was literally the one thing that kept me from losing faith in Riot. He didn't say much new, he seemed to be avoiding the same subjects, and it didn't matter. Just by showing up and saying that he was listening, that they had, in fact, asked players what they thought, and dedicating some time to chat, he proved that he cared. There may be a dozen reasons for why Riot won't really talk to us, as I feel it. But now it seems less likely that it is because they don't care, and that was the only reason I couldn't accept. Not because we are entitled by default, but because they have said that they do, and I trusted that.

Severian NA

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck§saurus View Post
A few questions regarding the Karma change.

1 - Will she be keeping her current voice? I really like her voice and would be sad to see it go. If you do change it I do hope you keep the current voice in her traditional skin.
2 - Will she be getting all new quotes, Or are you changing some/none of them? By quotes I mean everything: laughs and movement as well as jokes and taunts.
3 - Based on her current stats, will she be getting some nerf/buffs in the new karma? I imagine you will be changing the mechanics of some her spells, but what about the numbers.
4 - Will she have any hidden passives? I do hope so, i love hidden passives!

Thanks
1. Current voice will stay in the traditional skin.
2. Riot will have to answer that, and I suspect you have to wait and see for yourself when they release her to the PBE. I expect that most of them will be changed. She has a new VO.
3. That won't be answered before she is released on the PBE. There will be significant changes to her abilities. As with two, you can hope Scarizard will drop you a hint, but officially he is not talking until she is released to the PBE.
4. Same here. Nobody knows.

That is what I can say, if you are interested. If Riot wants to add something, you will be one of the, maybe four, lucky people who have managed to get a hint regarding her kit

ChromeFalcon

03-13-2013

Will she be out in the next big patch along with ZAC?

Healurownbum

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeFalcon View Post
Will she be out in the next big patch along with ZAC?
She better damn well be lmao, cause is she wouldnt be and be out a patch after that I'd DIE! O.o
I just got to know as soon as possible her set is still Karma like.
>.<

Severian NA

03-13-2013

She could be out today, she could be out in a week. (PBE). There really is no way to tell. While I am curious, and check pretty often just in case, I am content to wait. My Karma will stay, and I would still pick her over the new one, I am silly like that. I also want them to take as much time as it takes. If the last rework crashed around the start of January, mid March is not a long time. I feel it is a disturbingly short time for her to be ready for PBE testing. But I have not a clue as to circumstances, so only time will tell.
There are several hints that it won't be long though. People say she is fun, people say they will miss her. That requires a certain stage of production. It also seems that her kit is, basically, decided. Enough to create spell-effects. Soon TM has been announced. And last but not least, during the match(es) for the Quinn champion spotlight, if vaguely recall it being mentioned that an upcoming rework participated and that limited the footage they could show. It was supposed to be announced around the spotlights release, but they decided it wasn't ready just yet. Its extremely likely that that was Karma, IMO. (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...44985#35144985)

TL;DR Seems she is well on the way to ready. That means that it could be shortly, but that could contains a lot of unknowns. Might be today, or weeks.

Healurownbum

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian NA View Post
She could be out today, she could be out in a week. (PBE). There really is no way to tell. While I am curious, and check pretty often just in case, I am content to wait. My Karma will stay, and I would still pick her over the new one, I am silly like that. I also want them to take as much time as it takes. If the last rework crashed around the start of January, mid March is not a long time. I feel it is a disturbingly short time for her to be ready for PBE testing. But I have not a clue as to circumstances, so only time will tell.
There are several hints that it won't be long though. People say she is fun, people say they will miss her. That requires a certain stage of production. It also seems that her kit is, basically, decided. Enough to create spell-effects. Soon TM has been announced. And last but not least, during the match(es) for the Quinn champion spotlight, if vaguely recall it being mentioned that an upcoming rework participated and that limited the footage they could show. It was supposed to be announced around the spotlights release, but they decided it wasn't ready just yet. Its extremely likely that that was Karma, IMO. (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...44985#35144985)

TL;DR Seems she is well on the way to ready. That means that it could be shortly, but that could contains a lot of unknowns. Might be today, or weeks.
I love the to still be able to play Karma, but i know Skarma is coming. And i rather just get that over with and dealt with then having to wait. Feel like a rock is just hanging there waiting to splatter all my hopes and dreams of what they could of done. Waiting to destroy something i love. And the suppense itself i dont like. I rather just have it over with, sometimes the waiting is worse then the act itself. If you get me?

Severian NA

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
I love the to still be able to play Karma, but i know Skarma is coming. And i rather just get that over with and dealt with then having to wait. Feel like a rock is just hanging there waiting to splatter all my hopes and dreams of what they could of done. Waiting to destroy something i love. And the suppense itself i dont like. I rather just have it over with, sometimes the waiting is worse then the act itself. If you get me?
I understand what you are saying. I felt that way until a Karma player who has access to the rework said "I'll miss her" and "the rework doesn't do anything for me". That was in February. More recently, he still said that he would miss her. That took a while to sink in, but the last week has forced me to face those words. Unless she has changed, if one Karma fan feels that she doesn't do anything for him, I will most likely feel the same way. Even if she is fun in her own way, that strongly suggests she will not be fun in the Karma way.

So I think I finally managed to stop denying that everything points to a worst-case scenario. Right now I expect for Karma to be gone, and for a new champion to take her place. I am glad that player stated his personal feelings, because it was the single most important question I could have asked that was answered. I needed that. There is still room for my expectations to be proven wrong to a lesser or greater extent, but I am no longer desperately hoping Karma will survive. I am just curious as to what Skarma and Karma have in common.

Healurownbum

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian NA View Post
I understand what you are saying. I felt that way until a Karma player who has access to the rework said "I'll miss her" and "the rework doesn't do anything for me". That was in February. More recently, he still said that he would miss her. That took a while to sink in, but the last week has forced me to face those words. Unless she has changed, if one Karma fan feels that she doesn't do anything for him, I will most likely feel the same way. Even if she is fun in her own way, that strongly suggests she will not be fun in the Karma way.

So I think I finally managed to stop denying that everything points to a worst-case scenario. Right now I expect for Karma to be gone, and for a new champion to take her place. I am glad that player stated his personal feelings, because it was the single most important question I could have asked that was answered. I needed that. There is still room for my expectations to be proven wrong to a lesser or greater extent, but I am no longer desperately hoping Karma will survive. I am just curious as to what Skarma and Karma have in common.
Yea i read you saying that a couple times now and thats why i want it to be over with. I never been good with waiting, seeing what will happen. But i get the fact you need time to come to terms with it all. And i hope you can accept what happens, i also hope its not as bad as it seems.