@ Lyte: what is your next step

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chess435

03-13-2013

Lyte, I would like to sincerely thank you for everything you and the PB&J team have done to make this game a better place. :-) You truly make League a more enjoyable experience for all. Keep up the fantastic work! ^_^

Ghan04

03-13-2013

What if you had the option for players, when they are done playing a game, to choose a sort of survey vote on how the game went. Just a simple "Positive" or "Negative" option on a question like "How was your experience this game?" Perhaps it wouldn't even show up every game, but only have a random chance of appearing.

Then you could easily gather statistics about this and display them to players. That might help jump start some more positive attitudes if players are able to login and see something like "5,000 positive games in the last hour!" before they queue up for a match.

Sir Grendel

03-13-2013

Ive played 3 games in the past two days that worry me.

First game was a ranked went 2v1 top and didn't do well, ended the game 1/5/5 ( i think ) my whole team decided to report me.

This has happened two more times recently where I had a bad matchup or just did poorly and now I'm worried about ending up in the tribunal.

Is this something to actually worry about or no?

Swigness

03-13-2013

Lyte, its been a while since I've seen you post. Good to see you've been doing well and keeping busy. If I could make a suggestion. I feel like it would be a good idea to make a feature that allows you to choose roles before you enter matchmaking. Like if you are a support and mid lane main, you could highlight these roles (in your profile or as you are clicking for a queue) so that there would be a higher chance that you would get that role. If you don't care what roles you play you could leave the roles unhighlighted (if you prefer boxes and checkmarks that's cool).

While it would take a little longer for a player to enter queue it would give them a higher chance to get a role they play well. Which would reduce queue dodges and would make role decision in the pre-game lobby easier.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcB Shakes View Post

First game was a ranked went 2v1 top and didn't do well, ended the game 1/5/5 ( i think ) my whole team decided to report me.

This has happened two more times recently where I had a bad matchup or just did poorly and now I'm worried about ending up in the tribunal.

If it is just three games, you really shouldn't worry that much. Honestly, no one gets to the tribunal on 3 games. That being said, if you are consistantly toxic, then that is a different story. Honestly, I think you are worrying over nothing, assuming you aren't a truly toxic player.

XuWarrior

03-13-2013

http://i.imgur.com/OdW2AX9.jpg

So That Shen was on Bottom He took Smite for "lane push" and .. Clarity ... He was Sellin and buyin all items all game. Btw He had... 3x Spirit Stone , but sold it to looks like he is not trolling.

Heimer . The same Situation he had 3 Jungle items.. than He did that...

And Don't tell me just Report them....
How to Be calm at such game.
Ofc I was Not Flaming and trying to be calm. But Trust me it cost me alot nervous...

Still they TRoll in Pre log / ing game/ aftter game

and I should be calm down !?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-13-2013
18 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghan04 View Post
What if you had the option for players, when they are done playing a game, to choose a sort of survey vote on how the game went. Just a simple "Positive" or "Negative" option on a question like "How was your experience this game?" Perhaps it wouldn't even show up every game, but only have a random chance of appearing.

Then you could easily gather statistics about this and display them to players. That might help jump start some more positive attitudes if players are able to login and see something like "5,000 positive games in the last hour!" before they queue up for one.
This already happens in the client It has a random chance of appearing and purposely chooses players over the entire population.

Definitely worth considering ways of presenting positive behavior more often and I like the idea of stuff like "2,241,234 positive games occurred today."

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-13-2013
19 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcB Shakes View Post

A few games will never send you to the Tribunal. You are fine and actually the players didn't even end up reporting you. A lot of players threaten to report, but few follow through.

FergusMacBolg

03-13-2013

SCIENCE!!! For reals though, this stuff is fascinating. I think maybe having the client say something when you log in, like, with the announcer lady's voice, when you log in, might be a good idea. Maybe just something as simple as "Welcome to the League of Legends!"

Ghan04

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This already happens in the client It has a random chance of appearing and purposely chooses players over the entire population.

Definitely worth considering ways of presenting positive behavior more often and I like the idea of stuff like "2,241,234 positive games occurred today."
Well shut my mouth. I can't claim to have ever seen this feature, even though I play rather often.

So here's another idea for you (I'm on rapid fire tonight): What if you could, in addition to seeing high-ranked games available for spectating, see high-Honor games and have the ability to spectate those? These would be games that have a high collective Honor total over all players in the game.

And I would definitely go a step further and say, make the chat visible in these games! That might be a really cool way to let players see examples of positive games in action.