So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Everyone knew that, he posted it on his twitter months ago.
I'm not sure what your point is.
I'm not sure what the point in acting like this is either.

You said it's pointless to have a fan champion if they aren't going to have a knockback in their kit but as I pointed out it was actually considered in the rework, and it's an idea I liked. Just something else I'd like Riot to elaborate on when and if they come back to this thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gooooober

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyliaL View Post
the fans were just a tool that she uses to move her will. it wasn't like they really did anything. it was to show how calm she was. It made perfect sense to me but then again I really like Karma lol. The fans represented her yin and yang. Seemingly weak and frail on the outside, yet strong on the inside. Its almost like the fans were made to trick people into thinking shes an easy target, which as everyone knows is a secret Karma uses.
^ this.

Just because she uses fans doesn't mean she should be a "wind mage". Nor does it necessarily mean she needs knockbacks. Yes she was tutored by Janna to enhance their effects according to the lore, but doesn't mean those effects are knocks. Look up Geisha, see how they dress & act, look at their accessories. Fans are just a tool used in their art of seduction.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
I'm not sure what the point in acting like this is either.

You said it's pointless to have a fan champion if they aren't going to have a knockback in their kit but as I pointed out it was actually considered in the rework, and it's an idea I liked. Just something else I'd like Riot to elaborate on when and if they come back to this thread.
wat? I'm not acting like anything, I don't get your point other than trying to suggest you have more "Karma cred" than I do.
Champions go through a ton of iterations, clearly one of them was centered around the fans. If they focus Karma around her mid game (shield bomb and mantra) and then give us a champion built around the fans why would I complain?
Isn't that a win-win?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
wat? I'm not acting like anything, I don't get your point other than trying to suggest you have more "Karma cred" than I do.
Champions go through a ton of iterations, clearly one of them was centered around the fans. If they focus Karma around her mid game (shield bomb and mantra) and then give us a champion built around the fans why would I complain?
Isn't that a win-win?
Trying to suggest I have more "Karma cred"? Are you kidding me?

I'm not even the only person who thought of saying that when you mentioned a knockback.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooooober View Post
Just because she uses fans doesn't mean she should be a "wind mage". Nor does it necessarily mean she needs knockbacks. Yes she was tutored by Janna to enhance their effects according to the lore, but doesn't mean those effects are knocks. Look up Geisha, see how they dress & act, look at their accessories. Fans are just a tool used in their art of seduction.
I, uh, don't have to look up one of the iconic figures of classic Japanese culture.
Soooooo, were you hoping Karma would be remade around seduction? Music? Dance?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gooooober

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
I, uh, don't have to look up one of the iconic figures of classic Japanese culture.
Soooooo, were you hoping Karma would be remade around seduction? Music? Dance?
/facepalm
She is that way already. Her actions & movement fit her. All I was saying is that her fans are her tool, doesn't have to mean she's a "wind mage" as you put it. Also that I support improvements, but they can be done without altering how she acts & moves. It's iconic & unique. It's what separates her from the rest of them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooooober View Post
/facepalm
She is that way already. Her actions & movement fit her. All I was saying is that her fans are her tool, doesn't have to mean she's a "wind mage" as you put it. Also that I support improvements, but they can be done without altering how she acts & moves. It's iconic & unique. It's what separates her from the rest of them.
Her actions and movement do fit very well with her Geisha image... but her kit doesn't reflect that whatsoever.
I have no problem with her visuals in a bubble, I think Karma is a fun and classy dame. But Karma as an entity was a train wreck of themes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harpsicord

Member

03-11-2013

I think she's already balanced and great...just that she's difficult to use. (I don't use her personally but I've seen great karmas.) That splash art irks me so much, what was the artist thinking??? The proportions are terrible. Her limbs don't even look like they're connecting, looks like someone just did random cut ups of the body, head and arms and just glued it together. CHANGE IT! Not to mention that the weird distorted hip/waist trend needs to stop. Seriously. It doesn't look sexy and makes the female champ look f***ed up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jameskiy

Member

03-11-2013

You guys need to stop *****ing. Who cares about the fact karma does have and fans or a dress. They dont make her special. Every character is unique and so will new karma be, she is seperated from the rest, because she sucks. also learn some respect, and dont straight up dis the makers of it. I like her new look, she was an old,underused piece of ****. You should be glad, your favorite champ is getting a new revamp, looks much better, has a old ass skin to make all the traditionalists happy (the only reason they made it cos you guys complain so much) i mean come on guys, think about it legitly, the dress and fans dont matter that much, im sure her new kit will be just as unique as her old one, just wait till her moves come out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameskiy View Post
You guys need to stop *****ing. Who cares about the fact karma does have and fans or a dress. They dont make her special. Every character is unique and so will new karma be, she is seperated from the rest, because she sucks. also learn some respect, and dont straight up dis the makers of it. I like her new look, she was an old,underused piece of ****. You should be glad, your favorite champ is getting a new revamp, looks much better, has a old ass skin to make all the traditionalists happy (the only reason they made it cos you guys complain so much) i mean come on guys, think about it legitly, the dress and fans dont matter that much, im sure her new kit will be just as unique as her old one, just wait till her moves come out.
Wow... And we should learn some respect?