So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Maybe from the same place you get it. I was re-reading the first few pages of this thread earlier and I happened to stumble upon your first post in this thread, which happens to be somewhere like 110+ pages before my first post.



Btw, I don't think god carries fans anymore
Guess it took you a while to notice, but I'm glad you're ok with that.
I noticed, I just wasn't particularly bothered by it. Classic Karma has been a lot of fun. She's powerful and she plays like nobody else in the game. But to say she's without flaws is wrong.
They've straightened out her design, aligned her visuals a lot more clearly with Ionia, and hopefully focused her kit more clearly for her role.
Does it suck that she's lost some of her really iconic flare? Sure.
But what's the point of looking at the downside, especially when we only have a tiny piece of new Karma? Riot has much smarter people than you or I working on it, why assume they're going to get it wrong?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0MLG

Member

03-11-2013

I don't have to play as a prostitute?! I can play classic Karma?!?!?! THANK YOU RIOT I LOVE YOU.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eatdappl

Junior Member

03-11-2013

When it's supossed to be launched?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nesher

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Does it suck that she's lost some of her really iconic flare? Sure.
^ this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
But what's the point of looking at the downside, especially when we only have a tiny piece of new Karma? Riot has much smarter people than you or I working on it, why assume they're going to get it wrong?
Can do updates, no probs there... but why lose her "really iconic flare" in the process? *shrugs*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyliaL

Member

03-11-2013

Karma we love you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooooober View Post
Can do updates, no probs there... but why lose her "really iconic flare" in the process? *shrugs*
Just because I think she has flare doesn't mean I live in denial about her aesthetic not making sense.
TBH the fan champion not being a wind mage or having knock-arounds is a waste of the fans.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Just because I think she has flare doesn't mean I live in denial about her aesthetic not making sense.
TBH the fan champion not being a wind mage or having knock-arounds is a waste of the fans.
Oh, actually, when Guinsoo was still working on it (and I'm pretty sure even he scrapped this idea later on) her Mantra'd Heavenly Wave was supposed to have a knockback.

Nothing that adds to this discussion, just a fun fact you reminded me with that statement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyliaL

Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Just because I think she has flare doesn't mean I live in denial about her aesthetic not making sense.
TBH the fan champion not being a wind mage or having knock-arounds is a waste of the fans.
I believe that orginally when Guinsoo was heading the rework her heavenly wave was going to have a knockback with mantra. harry beat me to it lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyliaL

Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Just because I think she has flare doesn't mean I live in denial about her aesthetic not making sense.
TBH the fan champion not being a wind mage or having knock-arounds is a waste of the fans.
the fans were just a tool that she uses to move her will. it wasn't like they really did anything. it was to show how calm she was. It made perfect sense to me but then again I really like Karma lol. The fans represented her yin and yang. Seemingly weak and frail on the outside, yet strong on the inside. Its almost like the fans were made to trick people into thinking shes an easy target, which as everyone knows is a secret Karma uses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Oh, actually, when Guinsoo was still working on it (and I'm pretty sure even he scrapped this idea later on) her Mantra'd Heavenly Wave was supposed to have a knockback.

Nothing that adds to this discussion, just a fun fact you reminded me with that statement.
Everyone knew that, he posted it on his twitter months ago.
I'm not sure what your point is.