How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Musical Symphony

Recruiter

03-11-2013

If it's no problem, I would like to see a champion of each attribute being shown as a free champion. At least one assassin, at least one tank, at least one fighter, at least one mage, etc. However, I hope that a bit of variety is given, by showing completely different champions of each attribute each week. For example, showing Fiddlesticks as the jungler for one week then Volibear for the next week. The first has a mage jungler, and the following week has a tank jungler. As for tanks, maybe Leona and Alistar. Very different champions, yet of the same attribute.

This way, new players can find out that all champions are the different even when they are of the same attribute. One tank is completely different from other tanks. A jungler doesn't have to be the same as the other jungers. A fighter can be squishy, or tanky.

Also, having at least one of each attribute will allow players to try out all the attributes every week, before finally deciding on their playing style.

SpiralinISqwerty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical Symphony View Post
If it's no problem, I would like to see a champion of each attribute being shown as a free champion. At least one assassin, at least one tank, at least one fighter, at least one mage, etc. However, I hope that a bit of variety is given, by showing completely different champions of each attribute each week. For example, showing Fiddlesticks as the jungler for one week then Volibear for the next week. The first has a mage jungler, and the following week has a tank jungler. As for tanks, maybe Leona and Alistar. Very different champions, yet of the same attribute.

This way, new players can find out that all champions are the different even when they are of the same attribute. One tank is completely different from other tanks. A jungler doesn't have to be the same as the other jungers. A fighter can be squishy, or tanky.

Also, having at least one of each attribute will allow players to try out all the attributes every week, before finally deciding on their playing style.
This is already in effect, every role is filled with each week's free rotation.

DraGooNsteR

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I would really like to see Fizz, Jayce, Elise, Draven, Vayne, Lee Sin, Vladimir, Heimerdinger and Evelynn

FallingBrick

Recruiter

03-11-2013

Personally I think that a the champion rotation should be very simple champions because if more complicated champions are thrown in for new players things may not go very smoothly such as unintentional feeding.

tiney800

03-11-2013

riot you will be amazing after you nerf darius

tiney800

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralRoyal View Post
What about giving all the champions to a new player on the first day. Just a suggestion, some of you might find it horrifying.
people wold make a billion new accounts to play a champ they want that would make names get taken up and riot might lose money so its kinda a downer for them

tiney800

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGooNsteR View Post
I would really like to see Fizz, Jayce, Elise, Draven, Vayne, Lee Sin, Vladimir, Heimerdinger and Evelynn
it would be better if you put a support champion in there i don own any supports so if i need to i use the free week one

horrorlion

03-11-2013

Pretty sure you guys are picking from what champs have a high win rate and seeing if they need a nerf

McAteer

03-11-2013

I think that in the free rotation you should put 3 things into consideration
1. easy champions- for new guys
2. new champions- to give players an idea of how the new champs play before spending IP
3. underplayed champs- to encourage more variety in champions played

Pizawle

03-11-2013

Riot, can you pretty please remove at least one champion from the unpopular list each week? It really is not much to ask and it is ridiculous how long some champions are unseen.