So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyliaL

03-11-2013

ok thanks. its quite a good argument and really tears into the readability discussion.

HarryOrunitia

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexedCat View Post
I don't know why you feel the need to be rude.

Clearly they put effort into it and it is pretty relevant to this thread and a lot more well thought out than the pages of people complaining about the new design.
I definitely wasn't being rude a few dozen pages ago when the spam parade started, but after a while it got old.

It would be actually relevant if they weren't the first ones to tell us to accept the rework before advertising their own redesign. See the contradiction in that?
It would also be less annoying if they didn't try to find a way to fit that link or ItemsGuy's name even in completely unrelated posts.

It's like they're trying to speak FOR Riot while also criticizing them at the same time. It's... oh, it's as if they were trying to appeal to every side of this argument! How weird! And how weird that there's a strategically placed link in every one of those posts! Hmm...

BestBilbo

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyliaL View Post
ok thanks. its quite a good argument and really tears into the readability discussion.
Which part exactly?

ItemsGuy

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
Thank you buddy and with that I take my leave - I've tried to reason a bit with these two but all I get back is them spitting corrosive liquid and me like a mad Kog'Maw.

It's no problem you guys are frustrated with the directions Riot is taking Karma, but don't take it personal I've tried to explain why they are doing what they are doing and how I feel that might be able to be done better once her kit is released, but for now, I'll have to actually wait for her kit to be released to draw any conclusion yet.
I must agree! Until Karma's actual kit is released, I'll hold my tongue--I've done everything I needed to do here (explain the reasoning behind Riot's actions in an attempt to wipe away some tears), and you and the other "KARMA'S TRUEST FANS" don't seem to have any desire to lead this conversation in any sort of constructive way. The only thing you've proven is that you're angry, and that you want old Karma back, and that you're going to be angry forever until you get old Karma back. Not gonna sway you there--I can only tell you why your frustration is unfounded and why Riot doing what you want them to do would result in a weaker game.

So maybe I'll let Riot get back to you guys--I'm done tanking unwarranted vitriol and hostility for the time being, that's Morello's job. ; P

KyliaL

03-11-2013

the whole thing? I mean I could never put my words into how that person did. Literally took everything I want to say about karma and wrote it for me lol. They talk about how her mantle does not help her readability and how its on the same par with her fans. You still have to research to learn about either of them.

Sessamo

03-11-2013

Harry where do you get this energy? You have honestly managed to be dreadful for the 250+ pages of this thread. Stahp pls.

BestBilbo

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
I definitely wasn't being rude a few dozen pages ago when the spam parade started, but after a while it got old.
Hey mate that was the first time I actually did that and dedicated that to a single person, on top of that, I'm not ItemsGuy and please don't take me responsible for his actions.

Am I being a dick to you? No. I'm being calm and I am being patient with you, you are being a dick to me so I'm asking you out of respect to tone down and adress your attitude - you'd only confirm how toxic you are if you actually will get mad me saying that.

I have literally no intentions to step on your toes but don't expect me to say nothing about it if you've more or less have broken the bones in my toes.

Quote:
It would be actually relevant if they weren't the first ones to tell us to accept the rework
It's ironic that I have actually been saying the same things Riot has said when I haven't even read their comments, I'm trying to back up their reasoning, I'm not telling you you should like and agree with the rework just for the sake of liking and agreeing with it, by no means am I trying to shove things down your throat, I'm explaining the reasoning behind their actions and I think I do a fairly accurate job at doing that, if only you could lower your guard to possibly get to the truth yourself but I fear that the longer I talk to you, the less sense I'll make to you because you'll feed yourself with anger and the illusion that everything that I'd be saying has no value.

If that's the case I ask you to leave or ignore me because it'd be a waste of time for the both of us.

Quote:
It's like they're trying to speak FOR Riot while also criticizing them at the same time. It's... oh, it's as if they were trying to appeal to every side of this argument! How weird! And how weird that there's a strategically placed link in every one of those posts! Hmm...
Which is what happens most of the time when something is good but can be better. 'What you do here is good, but were not quite there yet' which I feel is the same with League of Legends as a game and RiotInc as a company.

I'll defend them in terms of that they have a real good design philsophy, extremely good reasoning why they do or don't do things, I do give my critique when I see they aren't actually living up to that own criteria they have.

BestBilbo

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Harry where do you get this energy? You have honestly managed to be dreadful for the 250+ pages of this thread. Stahp pls.
:)

KyliaL

03-11-2013

"In summation: I, and apparently many other Karma fans disagree that the new design captures the holistic essence of what we liked about the old Karma, and it's frustrating to see drastic changes to her character made in the name of readability, when that is not only essentially impossible to achieve with the concept of Karma as a character, but is also not adequately filled by the new design.
I like the new champion you've designed, but please don't remove the collected, womanly, (but unsexualized) fan-toting beacon of idealism that I also liked.

At least not without giving us another one :c "
-I enjoyed this quote_

ItemsGuy

03-11-2013

Quote:
the whole thing? I mean I could never put my words into how that person did. Literally took everything I want to say about karma and wrote it for me lol. They talk about how her mantle does not help her readability and how its on the same par with her fans. You still have to research to learn about either of them.
(On a last note--I haven't read that entire post, so this might be misinformed, but I'll have to disagree with the claim "that mantle doesn't help push a sense of spirituality"! Especially when mantles like that are popular in a lot of Eastern mythology--kind of why that stuff is so prevalent in Ionian designs, which are referencing Eastern culture--and ESPECIALLY especially when that floating symbol in the middle is a huge, green, floating taijitu. Yin and Yang is pretty much acknowledged as a huge spiritual thing indicative of Eastern origins, pretty much in every modern culture!

So I'd have to say, that a floating mantle and a huge, green, floating taijitu, does in fact push the whole "spirituality" thing more than fans do--if anything, fans tend to be more of an indicator of elegance and ladyhood, and are often associated with the upperclass in both the Eastern and (older) Western cultures. Fanning yourself with something like that is an awfully lofty thing to do!)

EDIT:

Quote:
"In summation: I, and apparently many other Karma fans disagree that the new design captures the holistic essence of what we liked about the old Karma, and it's frustrating to see drastic changes to her character made in the name of readability, when that is not only essentially impossible to achieve with the concept of Karma as a character, but is also not adequately filled by the new design.
I like the new champion you've designed, but please don't remove the collected, womanly, (but unsexualized) fan-toting beacon of idealism that I also liked.

At least not without giving us another one :c "
-I enjoyed this quote_
Ah, there's the problem! "The essence of what we liked about old Karma." The problem that has been expressed in this thread is that what some people liked about old Karma, did not express what Riot wanted to express with Karma. They're not making this updated Karma to please old fans, they're making her so she can live up to their current standards! They want her to convey something that can't be conveyed as clearly with Karma's old design--this stuff was said within the first three posts of this very thread.

I will let you know, though, that I can appreciate the want for a collected, womanly (but unsexualized), fan-toting beacon of idealism, and am currently working on incorporating that essence into a new champion, whose theme is best conveyed with those elements. I think what people like about old Karma is cool, so I will fight to give it a more fitting home, to make a champion that satisfies those elements while also being readable, unified, and coherent!