Release Notes v1.0.0.103

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

otakuboy

10-19-2010

wow biggest patch content , but what about olaf ?

Kantrix

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndclub View Post
I would understand your argument and where you are comming from if the runes were nerfed into a state that did not match other runes. However this is not the case, an overpowered rune was nerfed to the level of every other rune. They remain completely usable and viable. The IP was by no means wasted.
That is in fact your OPINION. Saying an "overpowered" rune was nerfed doesnt make it "right". The fact of the matter is people paid a price X for a product listed with stats of Y. They changed the stats of Y. They should either refund the price of the rune (and repossess it) or do something equivalent.

This is standard practice in all online communities, and is commonly refered to as a "respec". For example, if you play WoW and put all your points into something (similar to our masteries here), and then they change the effects of those things (which happens often), they automatically refund all your points and allow you to reallocate them. You dont get anything extra or for free, but you arent stuck paying for something you wouldnt have bought in the first place either.

That is the proper approach. The fair way to do it (specific to this situation) is to basically take away everyone's desolution runes and give back the original IP cost people spent on them. Then, people could make the decision to rebuy them with their current stats or just spend the IP on something else. Nobody looses anything, nobody gains anything. Everything is fair.

Takalah

10-19-2010

this looks like a great patch. gj, riot.

LunarisDream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

Mark buffs are just what I needed for my Akali in runes. Thanks a lot Riot! Keep it up!

Maxiemus

10-19-2010

WOW really Riot
Nerf Shaco again WHY
Is he Op?HELL NO i see less and less Shaco player because he needs a ****load of Skill
Thats 1 of Riot biggest Problems they cant Nerf Champs and stop before making them useless

Same Problem with Ez this buff is a joke who needs AP ratios on his skills If you play him AD
Or you play Him Ap and his q and his Passive are useless(Annie with 75% Atkspeed buff no thanks)

Communist Puppy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

FFFUUUU MF nerf. And Twitch kind of got nerfed just a tiny bit. I might just have to use TF then.

Weaver2

10-19-2010

Slight fiddles buffs? Hell I'll take em!
Also kind of mad, I bought another champ instead of Swain because I felt he wasn't up to snuff, now he gets massive AP scaling...

ndclub

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantrix View Post
That is in fact your OPINION. Saying an "overpowered" rune was nerfed doesnt make it "right". The fact of the matter is people paid a price X for a product listed with stats of Y. They changed the stats of Y. They should either refund the price of the rune (and repossess it) or do something equivalent.

This is standard practice in all online communities, and is commonly refered to as a "respec". For example, if you play WoW and put all your points into something (similar to our masteries here), and then they change the effects of those things (which happens often), they automatically refund all your points and allow you to reallocate them. You dont get anything extra or for free, but you arent stuck paying for something you wouldnt have bought in the first place either.

That is the proper approach. The fair way to do it (specific to this situation) is to basically take away everyone's desolution runes and give back the original IP cost people spent on them. Then, people could make the decision to rebuy them with their current stats or just spend the IP on something else. Nobody looses anything, nobody gains anything. Everything is fair.
I completely understand what you are saying but respecs from my experience are not given for a vast majority of nerfs in any online game, only in the instance of remakes of skill trees. I also understand we each hold our own opinion and sorry if I said yours was wrong, just trying to give my perspective.

If they refunded every overpowered thing in the game,(and it was obviously overpowered, compare to magic penetration runes even after armor pen nerf) then we would all just move on to the next overpowered thing and have the most IP cost effective buying system known to man due to never truly spending IP. We all invested in armor pen runes and we are still getting great returns from them even after nerfs not even considering all the overpowerd feats we got away with before. Sorry if people dissagree with me but there is a reason respecing is so rare, it devalues the whole investment into a skill tree or choice.

DarkBox

10-19-2010

WHYYYYwhyyy riot whyyyWhy are you nerfing Shaco again!?!?You just made his Jack in the box utterly utterly uselessYou can either use the jack in the box in a gank to alert them of your presence, and let them easily get away because it doesnt activate for two seconds OR you can attack with your autoattack and do like 500 damage + slow.. hmm... lets see JitB is useless.You can either stop for a second while placeing the jack in the box while running away and let them catch up to you, and not actually fear them until they get that last hit on you because now its not far enough away to activate once they hit ityou can either place it in a bush to check for someone or just save 75 mana and ****ing walk into it because your that close anyway.You can also now because of the range nef and not being able to place it in walls means you cant place it over a wall to check for a dangerous situation anymore, you have to walk blindly in and die, or blink in and then wait 3.5 seconds until you dieStop nerfing Shaco! Seriously, he needs to get a buff. It's ridiculously hard to do good with him now, I've mained him since I started playing (several months) and have said that I would never NOT main him no matter what they do... but now I am sincerely considering just not playing him at all because of how useless they have nerfed him to be.

BirdmanThc

10-19-2010

I love when **** changes, makes ti more interesting great job Riot!