So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taria05

03-10-2013

This new champion looks exciting!

In all seriousness though, yay karma rework.

Regina George

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
Out of curiosity, would you like to see a champion with that kind of attitude, whose playstyle was all about those fans?
I do! It doesn't have to be on the same champion though, unless it's a Kitana-type of character (maybe Akali's nemesis? like Zed - Shen).

Attitude-wise, a classy Victorian vampire would also be amazing. I mean, Riot already thought about a Victorian champ before (original Spider Queen).

kinda like this

KyliaL

03-10-2013

Maybe have karma hold just one fan in her hand? i don't know. the fans are what drew me to karma in the first place. now we DON'T have a fan champion. =((

HarryOrunitia

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bunny View Post
I do! It doesn't have to be on the same champion though, unless it's a Kitana-type of character (maybe Akali's nemesis? like Zed - Shen).

Attitude-wise, a classy Victorian vampire would also be amazing. I mean, Riot already thought about a Victorian champ before (original Spider Queen).

kinda like this
Victorian designs are amazing and I think they would really look great in this game. Riot seems to disagree though (they already said the original Spider Queen design is something they scrapped because they didn't think it fit with the general aesthetics of the game).

I remember suggesting a victorian skin for Karma, and there have been suggestions for an Orianna one but they have mostly been ignored or rejected.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Wait and see. (Hear?)

Yago - I think we have differing opinions of success? If a champion is thematically coherent, fun, and balanced are they not successful? I understand what you're getting at (your post was well-written and constructive), but think that we will continue to disagree. There's a lot of subtlety required to hit your type of success that most players will never grasp. That isn't inherently a bad thing, but it can be sometimes.

I'm off to bed, but will continue to keep up with the thread tomorrow.
I agree with Yago, I'm more ok with Brand than he is though. I once pointed out a similar point to Morello who just said something like "Most of our players don't think that deeply about it." I don't think you guys are giving us, your player base, enough credit.

Josh de Tonreau

03-10-2013

tons of little girls in this thread.
no ones trolling and no one's looking for attention

KyliaL

03-10-2013

ill miss my beautiful sun goddess fanning herself as she sits there with no hp waiting to bait some dumb poor chump. no hp +flash + mantra shield+ heavenly wave+ ignite. WHO DOESN'T LOVE SLAPPING AND KILLING THEIR OPPONENT WITH THEIR FANS? I DO! =)

MrTharne

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
But there are also many "critically acclaimed" champions that are never ever depicted in official promotional art (such as Orianna) who have much more complex designs, who don't really fit into the classical hero/villain type, and have more complicated stories and personalities. And they still seem to have a place in the League, as long as they are viable.
When people see and hear Orianna, they think GLaDOS -> Portal = Boom popular. (that's the first think that came to my mind when they revealed her.)

HarryOrunitia

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
When people see and hear Orianna, they think GLaDOS -> Portal = Boom popular. (that's the first think that came to my mind when they revealed her.)
Yeah, but Orianna looks NOTHING like GLaDOS. And I don't know much about GLaDOS' back story, but I've always thought Orianna's was inspired by Pinocchio.

The personality and the voice are clearly references to GLaDOS but I don't think it's fair to say that's the only appeal. I've never played Portal and I absolutely love Orianna.

Josh de Tonreau

03-10-2013

on a serious note im ready for Karma to rise up, i'll be relentless.
hope the remake craze dies down after at most a week